CHAPTER 14

-Mature Content-

AUTHOR's POV

After a long and tiresome day, Y/N was heading out to her dorm. On her way, she felt some steps behind her. Y/N couldn't shake the feeling that someone was following her. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up, and she quickened her pace, glancing over her shoulder.

Her dormitory was still a mile away and she couldn't help but hid behind a public bin. She put her hand on her chest slowing her pants. She waited for a while before coming out from the shady place. She looked here and there making sure the way was good to go. She sighed and turned on her side only to bump into someone. She was about to apologize before recognising the 'someone' as Soobin.

He was about to walk past her when she stopped him by holding him by his arm.

Soobin : What now?

Y/N : Can you walk me to my dorm?

Soobin : Why are you doing this again?

Y/N : I just don't have a good feeling Soobin and I am asking you since we are not some kind of strangers.

Soobin : Alright.

They started walking, the tension between them almost palpable. The morning's argument still hung heavy in the air between them, neither of them willing to address it. They walked in silence, the only sound their footsteps on the pavement. But Soobin couldn't bear the silence for long.

Soobin : I'm sorry for being so much rude to you.

Y/N : Uh.. Are you really sorry?

Soobin : I am.

Y/N : You know what? You are so complicated to understand.

Soobin : Is that so? I guess, I am. I get frustrated easily.

They continued walking, their conversation slowly becoming more relaxed as they talked about lighter topics. By the time they reached her dorm, the tension between them had eased.

Y/N : Thankyou.

He nodded and left.

Y/N's POV

As I lay on the bed, my mind replayed the events of the evening. The awkward walk with Soobin had drained me emotionally. I stared at the ceiling, my thoughts being a jumble of confusion and frustration.

I couldn't shake the memory of our argument of today. I knew I had overreacted, but I couldn't help feeling hurt by Soobin's words.

Despite everything, I couldn't deny the conflicted feelings I have for him. There were moments when I felt a strong connection to him, moments when I could almost see a different side of him, a side that made my heart flutter.

But then there were moments like today, moments when our interactions were strained and awkward, reminding me of the walls that existed between us.

What exactly are you, Choi Soobin?

SOOBIN's POV

I knew that I had been wrong, my words sharper than intended, fueled by frustration and hurt. And I knew that Y/N had been hurt by my words.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair in frustration.With a heavy heart, I lay down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, hoping that sleep would bring me some peace.

_

[ A/N : I recommend you to listen to 'Reflections' by The Neighbourhood for the content below. ]