Chapter 34- Comfort

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Little One." She greeted softly.

"Don't call me that." Ruby snapped.

"Sorry." She whispered softly as she pierced the needle throguh Ruby's skin, making her wince.

"What are you doing? It's just a fucking cut, it doesn't need stitching." The Fairy said loudly trying to pull her arm away, but the Witch proved to be much stronger than she looked and stopped her from moving away. 

"It needs if it's as deep as this one. I could literally see your bone. At least you were prudent enough to cut the back of your wrist instead of above the artery." Darcy huffed, continuing her skillful movements with the needle and nylon thread.

"Why are you here?" Ruby asked, eyeing the Witch suspisciously.

"Is this 21 questions?" Darcy tried to joke, chuckling, but Ruby remained serious and kept her suspiscious glare on her, making her sigh. "I always come here to clear my head. I had a long day and I needed to relax, but when I arrived I found you sleeping on the bed and your... wound was bleeding a lot so I just summoned a first-aid kit and began cleaning it."

"You come to my place to clear your head? How did you even know this existed? Do you just casually come to Earth to, I don't know, enjoy the view?" Ruby asked, not buying her story. 

"How was I supposed to know this was your place? It looked very much like an abandoned house to me. And yeah I came to Earth to find a place far away from my sisters and that looked peacefull and I felt drawn here. I guess I know why now." Darcy answered, whispering the last part.

"Really? Because I actually thought you and your sister's were stalking me. I guess you're not, right?" Ruby said sarcastically, flinching as Darcy applied another stitch on her wrist.

"Most times we meet each other, yes, it's because we've been watching you; this time is not the case, though. It was pure coincidence."

"The amount of casualty you used in that sentence scares me. What the fuck is wrong with you three?" Ruby asked, finally pulling her arm away from Darcy's grip as the Witch finished stitching it up.

"We just care for you and want to make sure you're safe." Darcy said and her words shocked Ruby. She knew they liked her, but she was not expecting that confession. "Why did you do that to yourself?"

"What?"

"Why did you... cut yourself. I thought you had stopped doing it. Who hurt you?" Darcy asked calmly, however Ruby took notice of how her eyes darkened and her voice sounded more threatening when she asked that last question.

"None of your damn business." Ruby hissed moving backwards to the headboard to create more space between her and the Witch.

Darcy sighed as she felt her heart tighten, but decided to ignore it, constantly reminding herself that Ruby was under a spell, even if it was hard.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overstep." Darcy said, the sadness in her eyes as clear as day, which made Ruby feel slightly guilty.

The two fell into an awkward silence as the redhead kept staring at Darcy's dull eyes. It upset her for some reason. To see those golden orbs so devoid of the light they once had. Ruby sighed and relaxed her shoulder's, deciding that she didn't want to be in that uncomfortable situation,

"I had a fight with Ebony." She confessed, successfully getting the Witch's full attention.

"About what?" Darcy asked, way too quickly.

"I found out something about my past and she didn't like it." Ruby said, looking down at her hands in her lap.

"Do you want to tell me what you found out?"