Chapter 13

~a few weeks later~

It had been a few weeks since I woke up from my coma. Three, to be exact.

A lot had happened the past few weeks.

Evan stayed with my the whole time. He took leave from college to stay with me and help me recover, which I'm really grateful for, because I knew how important his studies are to him.

I finally was able to put on my prosthetic leg two days after my awakening. It felt weird and uncomfortable at first, but I guess I kind of got used to it, although I'm now walking with a permanent limp. I haven't really gotten used to running yet.

I've been using a wheelchair for the first few days, but after some physical therapy with my new leg, I started to walk and although it was quite awkward and uncomfortable, I was happy.

Of course there were a few mishaps here and there, like me losing my balance and falling, but they made sure I didn't hit the ground.

My father never once came to check on me. Which was completely fine by me. I already had everyone I needed; Jack, Miko, Raf, Ms Darby and Evan.

They have been supporting me and helping me every step of the way. They visited me everyday after school.

About a week ago, the police had visited me in the hospital to talk to me about my father. Apparently, Ms Darby had reported him to the police for child abuse and past domestic abuse.

A few days later, he was arrested.

Although I was quite disappointed he turned out to be this way, I had to bring justice to my Mom, who he'd been secretly abusing.

I was happy I didn't have to deal with him anymore. We even had a small pizza party to celebrate. Not sure if it was something we should celebrate for, but it was fun.

I was released from the hospital three days ago and I really didn't know where to stay. Evan said that he had been staying at a small motel in Jasper, which is what he could afford , but Ms Darby insisted that we stay at her house until we can settle our living arrangement. They have a spare room which I can sleep in and Evan can share a room with Jack.

Evan also got a job at K.O drive-in, where Jack worked, so he could at least do something here while I'm at school.

Ms Darby talked to the principal for me, and explained everything, and I was allowed to return back and continue my studies. I've been going to school for two days now.

Two days ago, I went back to the autobot base. Optimus was really relieved to see me alive and 'unharmed', and Ratchet apologized to me about his mistake for not looking out for me enough.

Miko obnoxiously told them about my leg, and Ratchet looked even more apologetic, but the three autobot guardians, Arcee, Bumblebee and Bulkhead were curious about my prosthetic leg.

Obviously, since I couldn't speak, Jack explained the entire science behind this, which kinda caught the attention of Ratchet.

Currently, Jack and I are on the way to school on a Friday morning. Since I had missed a lot after my 5 week leave, I had a ton of homework piled up on me.

That's the thing about school; despite your living condition or what you're going through, they will still give you a lot of homework to finish.

Thankfully, I had my friends. Especially Raf, who was an absolute genius, especially at math, in which looks like an alien language to me.

I received a lot of pity looks from students and teachers during classes and recess. Sometimes, some students would bug me and ask me my experience being kidnapped and would ask me to lift up my pants to show them my prosthetic leg, which I was very uncomfortable with.