Chapter Twelve

'It was Katherine,' Caroline added, 'I saw her compel him.'

Caroline looked up as Damon handed her a glass of blood, "He's coming," he whispered. Immediately Caroline began to get shaky.

"What happened?" Stefan asked, coming in as Caroline started drinking the blood.

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this," Damon said.

"I saw Katherine today," Caroline admitted.

"Where?" Stefan asked.

"At the Grill, I just stopped by to get some food with Darrold," Caroline said, "Then she appeared when I was going to the bathroom and told me to tell you that if she doesn't get the moonstone that she will rip this town apart until it rains blood," Caroline said.

"Tell him the rest of it," Damon said,

"She wants it tonight at the masquerade ball," Caroline said, "Darrold," she lifted her arms up, handing the now empty glass to Damon. Darrold strolled in and picked up Caroline and took her out of the house.

Outside, Darrold and Caroline were getting into the car hearing Stefan say he would kill Katherine, "I think Damon deserves that pleasure," Darrold admitted.

"Or Klaus," Caroline added.

"Maybe they'll come up with something so they could both kill her," Caroline said with a shrug.

Later the two were out of town visiting a restaurant when Caroline's phone went off, "They want me to help kill Katherine."

"Answer that they are obviously not going to kill Katherine, she likely has a backup plan," Darrold responded.

"He replied back, 'Obviously. Also, that food looks delicious and I want to know where to take Enzo'," Caroline said after a moment.

"You send food pictures?" Darrold asked with raised eyebrows.

"I couldn't help it," Caroline said with a small laugh. Sue her, milkshakes and burgers, she has to share. "Oh, James and Sirius want to know too."

"Did you send it to everyone?" Darrold asked in surprise as Caroline laughed more. Caroline nods as she finished her milkshake. "Well, don't forget the chocolate cake," Darrold said as a waitress came by with two pieces of chocolate cake with cookies and cream icing and strawberries. Caroline bounced excitedly as she took another picture. She moaned as she took a bite then blushed at the suggestive look Darrold just gave her. Her phone went off again, this time it was Jenna, 'Bitch. Tell me. I will go there by myself,' it said, getting another laugh out of Caroline and a chuckle out of Darrold.

The waitress was surprised when Caroline and Darrold ordered the whole to go with some strawberries, adding a big tip for the waitress if she did it.

On the way back, Caroline's phone goes off, "What now?" Darrold asked.

"Katherine had a witch connecting her to Elena, turned out to be a Bennett—surprise surprise—and then Tyler broke his curse because Katherine compelled a second person last minute," Caroline answered, "I'm telling them to head to the Potter-Black house for cake," Caroline said.

"So, a werewolf an alive Katherine—ooh, Damon can torture Katherine in an isolated area and then throw her to Klaus in his wolf form," Darrold said with a big smile.

"Yeeeeeessss!" Caroline agreed in excitement and pitched the idea to Damon. "He's on board."

Then they strolled into the Potter-Black house, "I have delicious cake and strawberries," Caroline sang. The group (plus Amor, James, and Sirius' children and grandchildren) all took a piece of cake with some strawberries and caught up with each other.

(A/N: Yes this one was short, but I didn't want to write the episode)