Chapter Six

"Caroline!" Bonnie calls as soon as Jeremy approaches them.

Caroline sighs in annoyance and then faces Bonnie with a wide smile, "Yes Bonnie?"

"You're supposed to still be in the hospital! You worried Matt and your mother!" Bonnie screamed.

Before Caroline could speak, Bela stopped forward, "Excuse me, Liz was told this morning. Something had frightened Caroline and we watched out for her," she said, arms crossed.

"Who are you?" Bonnie spat.

"Bela Morningstar, this is my brother Darrold, he's Caroline's boyfriend," the redhead responded with fake kindness.

"And now we're going inside," Darrold spoke. He took the lead and started guiding Caroline inside. "What about Tyler, Matt said he heard a noise?"

"What? Worried you killed him too?" Caroline snapped before walking inside.

Jeremy looked at Bela in confusion, "I'm Bela, by the way," the redhead introduced herself.

"Jeremy, and it may look odd if a high school student has a wedding ring," Jeremy introduced himself and then pointed out.

Bela looked down at the ruby ring she wears, "Right," she said and moved it to a different finger, "Anyway, Bonnie had this device that she said she would deactivate because all vampires could hear it and she didn't and Damon almost died because of it and Stefan almost let it happen," she explained.

"Tyler's a vampire? That wouldn't explain his dad," Caroline asked.

"The Lockwood Line is full of werewolves. That device affects all supernatural creatures except witches," Darrold said.

"What about you two?" Jeremy asked quietly as they were near other people, "I know you both aren't human, would it affect you?"

"Considering we come from a place with a lot of screaming, no not really," Bela answered.

"So the reason I'm dead is because of Bonnie, lovely," Caroline deadpanned.

********

"Did she say what she wanted?" Damon asked Stefan after his younger brother told him about Katherine being there. The mention of the doppelganger vampire unsettled him but he noticed he wasn't on edge now that he had that jewel on him. He had also been given a ring because Elijah and Kol both had rings made for them too. He knew the ring helped with the uneasiness with the vampire doppelganger and the anger towards the human doppelganger, that, and the fact Enzo was currently staying at one of Sirius' properties and Damon knew the "secret" to get in.

"No," Stefan answered.

"Woman certainly knows how to make an entrance," Damon said.

"She said she fooled one of us, at least. What does that mean?"

"She didn't fool one of us. She clearly thought Elena was more desperate and I saw right through it," Damon said with a shrug like he wasn't clearly very upset over Katherine being there and really hoped that once Klaus had gotten her, he could join in with Darrold in tearing the bitch apart.

Elena stormed into the room, "I'm not desperate!"

"Suuuuuuuuuure," Damon replied, not believing her. Then he understood the magnetic pull as Stefan immediately came up to Elena and he saw the two mini glares directed at each other.