Chapter 16

As we ventured deeper into the dense forest, the trees seemed to close in around us, blocking out the sunlight and casting eerie shadows. My heart raced with a mixture of excitement and fear as I realized we had strayed off the path. Turning to Ferit, I voiced our predicament, "We've been walking for a while and we can't find the group."

"I can't believe we got lost," He mutters, trying to keep his voice steady. "Let's walk this way." He pulls me. With a gentle tug, leading me forward. "Are you sure we are walking in the right direction?" I questioned, my voice tinged with a hint of worry.

"I wish I was sure, but we have to keep walking and hopefully we will find the answers." He replied, his words filled with quiet determination. As the minutes passed, fatigue began to weigh on me, but Ferit swept me up onto his back, offering me a piggyback ride.

"Look, there's a cabin ahead. Maybe we can ask them for help." I suggested optimistically. 

Ferit instructs me to wait outside while he goes to knock on the door. Despite his repeated knocks, there is no response. Peering through the window and finding the cabin empty, he decides to push the door open. "I'll ensure we leave cash to fix the lock," he assures me, gesturing for me to follow him inside.

The small cabin looks really cozy, complete with a sofa, fireplace, small kitchen, and bathroom. Although the house didn't have anyone, I opened the refrigerator hoping that there would be something for us to eat, but it was empty. Turning to the cabinet, I felt relief when I saw peanut butter, oatmeal and an unopened almond milk. "Looks like we're having breakfast," I remarked.

Checking the sink, I was relieved to find running water. "I'll go chop wood for the fireplace," Ferit declared before planting a kiss on my cheek and heading outside.

I finish making the quick oatmeal as Ferit returns from chopping wood. I sigh happily looking at him carry the logs and places them in the chimney. He is fine and all mine. 

We are snuggled up on the sofa eating our bowls of oatmeal and tea. "I'm so happy I went to our hacker and was able to track you." My eyes were popping out of my eyes. 

"I can't believe you did that?!" I playfully poke his arm

"I was desperate to get to you. I pulled all the strings." He shrugged. 

It's definitely creepy, but it's a nice touch to know that he would move mountains to find me, I snuggle closer to him. I began gently stroking his hand as I sighed, "I wish I knew the answers... why would my dad get involved with the mafia. I get that we were constantly struggling but to the point that you would go against your better judgement." I say sadly and tears fall again. 

"Not sure why he did it but I believe that eventually the truth will come out." He wipes the tears off my eyes. 

 Worriedly I mention "Your mom could leak this information... I don't want you to suffer because of my dad."

"I don't care. I can hire the best public relations representative and spin this in our favor. I'm ready for whatever mother has in store for us," he replied bitterly. 

----***----

I grumble in annoyance as Ferit opens the curtains revealing the bright sun shine. "Go away, Ferit. I'm tired and sore."

"Wake up love."

He comes to the couch to lay next to me and slides one hand up the sweater he lent me last night and lightly cups my ass. "Go away." I swat his hand off.

From my squinted eyes I see him props up on his elbow, gazing down at me, a grin playing on his lips. I sigh. "What are you doing, Ferit?"

"I'm lying next to the sexiest woman in the world."