Chapter 9

After spending the entire morning with Ferit he drives me to my apartment. We are sitting in the car, it's quiet and peaceful and I like how he strokes my arm, we both enjoy each other in silence. "Babe, I want to introduce you to my family. I want to finally say we are together." I hate the worry in his voice like he is afraid to lose me.

"Ferit are you sure?"

"More than anything." He kisses my hand.

"You're right. It's been five months, it's time to let Ms. Leman know right?"

"Good because next week is Demir and Zeynep seventh year anniversary and as my girlfriend I need you there."

All of sudden, I went on a coughing fit. When I finally caught my breath "Girlfriend?!"

"Yes, you, my girlfriend." I blush as he says this.

"Wow. My boyfriend Ferit." I whisper to myself and smile. Then, I release a deep breath. "Ferit there's a big problem..." He squints his eyes confused. "I don't know what to wear?" I feel embarrassed to say.

"Babe, please don't take this wrong but I have a dress I want you to wear."

"Ferit. I'm not going to be bought."

He caresses my hand seeing my discomfort. "If you were to give me a gift how would you feel if I rejected it." I look down. "Nazli, yes I have money. Too much to even know what to do and if I want to use that money on my girl then so be it."

"But Ferit"

"No buts, just say thank you." He gives me his panty dropping smile.

----***----

As I dressed myself in Ferit's closet, I catch a glimpse of my reflection in his expansive mirror. I felt like a modern-day Cinderella preparing for a grand ball. I felt truly beautiful seeing myself in a beautiful red long silk dress. I'm still hesitant to accept Ferit's extravagant gifts, even if he has a knack for choosing items that perfectly matched my simple minimal style. I do like the delicate lace red thong he gifted me this morning, but then he told me to forgo my undies to go commando for this event. Oh, Ferit, you never fail to surprise.

Embracing me from behind, he pressed a kiss on my bare shoulder, our gazes meeting in the mirror. " You look gorgeous love. The beast inside of me wants to stay here and have you to myself, but the rational part of me is eager to declare our relationship" he murmured as his nose trails along my shoulder, sending shivers down my spine. "I stumbled upon these," he added mischievously, pulling my red thong from his tuxedo pocket.

I look at him in shock "Ferit!" I turn trying to grab them from him.

"I'll give them back when I want to." he puts them in pockets. "Let's go babe." He says holding my hand and pulling me to his car. Ferit then drove us to a magnificent estate, a vineyard that could easily rival those in France. My eyes widened in awe at the grandeur before me, the beauty of the scene that can be compared to the scenes described in Jane Austen's books. Even the air was rich with the sweet scent of blooming flowers and the earthy aroma of the soil.

"Ferit?" I inquired, taken aback by what I'm seeing.

"Demir's family owns one of the major Turkish alcohol brands. This is just one of their many estates. Our family also has a vineyard that I would love to show you someday. I'm curious to learn about your wine preferences... perhaps we could even create a unique blend together."

I paused to gather my thoughts. This life of lavish is overwhelming. Would I be able to fit? Will I be enough for Ferit? I shake my head to remove these thoughts. We are still sitting in the car as Ferit holds my hand. "We are doing this together." He lifts my hand to his lips and kisses it. He then, gets out of the car to open my car door. We hold hands to walk up the stairs up to the large white mansion. Walking inside this large home was like walking inside the palace of versailles. The grandeur of the room was undeniable, with its large crystal chandeliers, luxurious tapestries, and walls adorned with embroidered gold. Every corner was filled with intricate details, leaving my eyes wandering in awe. "Blame this on Demir's mom, she is obsessed with France's baroque style and old school monarchy aesthetics" I nod in agreement, still captivated by the breathtaking scenery.