Chapter 2

I've been at this job for a week and the Aslan family is not what I expected. It turns out, they are the wealthiest family in Turkey. The Aslan family is behind major hotel developments, famous architectural designs, and retail chains across Turkey, Dubai, and America. They are also significant shareholders in numerous Fortune 500 companies. This family is known for investing in innovative companies and individuals, such as Lee Byung-Chul, the founder of Samsung. That's crazy to think of! Many would consider the Aslan family to be old money because they contributed to Istanbul's growth.

Fatos and I are in our apartment, enjoying a glass of wine and discussing the lifestyles of the wealthy. "You have to see it, Fatos," I say. "They have Cartier wine glasses that I'm almost afraid to wash with their regular sponge. The countertop is marble with small flecks of gold, and the stove is a massive Miele 6-burner stove and oven." I stretch out my arms to emphasize the size of the stove. This prompted Fatos to playfully throw an almond at me.

We share a laugh and take another sip of wine. Fatos, feeling the effects of the alcohol, excitedly asks, "Tell me. How do they look?"

"They all ooze wealth. Zeynep is stunning, kind, and always dressed beautifully. I admire her elegance. Demir, her husband, is also very kind. Bulut, their son, is my little best friend and we play together in secret because he is not allowed to interact with the help. I feel hurt by Ms. Leman's strict rules. Now, speaking of Ms. Leman," I take a deep breath "she is very poised and rarely shows any vulnerability. Even with Bulut, she remains distant. She is intimidating and even more, when she wear these bulky diamonds."

"And what about the last family member?"

"Ferit Aslan...I haven't met him. He doesn't really live there. He lives in a penthouse I heard."

"I wonder what he looks like." Fatos goes in search of her laptop.

"Wait! I don't think thats appropriate." I tried to stop her but it was in vein. She had the laptop open and was typing away. Dam she is fast.

"Ferit Aslan is a hunk of a man." Her eyes go wide and I think I may have seen her lick her drool. I take a glance

"The man is a walking Armani ad." I admire. Ferit Aslan is the first man I would call beautiful. He is devilishly handsome with black side part slick short hair, beautiful dark brown eyes, and a charming grim that could easily charm the pants off anyone. "I wouldn't be surprised if he's already married."

"Nope, he is Turkey most eligible bachelor"

"Then he is surely with someone. I mean look at him."

"He's dated two Victoria Secret models, another one who looks like a model, an interior designer, an actress, a lawyer, and a business owner." He definitely has a rolodex of beautiful women. "It says here that Ferit Aslan has been pretty private about his dating life since his last relationship with publicist, Pelin Kaya two years ago."

"Fatos, I don't think we should continue reading this article. It feels too personal and it makes me uncomfortable knowing so much about the family private life," I said, feeling nervous.

"Fine, twig," she replied with a smirk. I couldn't help but fear what she might say next. "If I were you, I would sleep with Ferit Aslan. He seems like he knows how to make a woman squirm."

"Fatos, oh my gosh," I yelled, feeling my cheeks turn beet red. I took the small bowl of almonds and threw them all at her.

We spent the rest of the night drinking wine and letting our imaginations run wild thinking of the any absurd objects the Aslan might own. I jokingly said that they probably have a live tiger, while Fatos suggested a brewery in their basement. I think Fatos might be right.