Chapter 14

Shellstar stared down at Wetfoot. "Well? What do you need?" He meowed.

"Well, we have reason to believe you have stolen our kits and killed one of our cats." Wetfoot meowed. Redpaw thought he saw a flicker of movement at the edge of camp but brushed it off.

"And why is that?" Shellstar meowed, a hiss edging his voice.

"Well, we found Riverclan scent in the nursery where one of our queens was killed. And we found a dead kit with a trail of blood leading here." Wetfoot meowed.

"Oh? Well, you want them back?" Shellstar asked. His ear flicked and tail twitched, the cats behind him were growling, snarling, and lashing their tails.

"Yes, Shellstar," Wetfoot meowed. Wetfoot's tail was twitching slightly, giving away his frustration.

"Then fight for them! Riverclan, attack!" Shellstar yowled. All the cats around them sprang into action. Wetfoot was tackled by a cream tabby tom. Redpaw saw Squirrelpaw jumping at a gray tabby she-cat.

Redpaw tried to look around more, but a brown tabby tom leaped at him. Redpaw and the tom rolled around a bit, before Redpaw kicked him away. The tom leaped to his paws again and pounced. Redpaw crouched down, jumped forward and slashed at the tom's underbelly as the tom jumped over him.

The tom lost his balance and fell, Redpaw jumped forward and pinned him. Redpaw slashed his face before the tom kicked him off. Redpaw rolled away and slinked into the crowd of battling cats before the tom could attack him again.

Redpaw looked around and ducked as Clawtrail leaped at him.

Clawtrail whipped around after landing on her feet and leaped at Redpaw again. She missed but her claws caught on his shoulder. Redpaw yelped at blood dripped down his shoulder.

Clawtrail slashed her claws again, Redpaw jumped away, but she managed to nick his ear.

Redpaw ran away quickly as Embershadow jumped onto Clawtrail's back, clawing at her fur.

Redpaw lashed out with his claws at cats around him, fur bristling.

Adrenaline flowed through his viens as he ran through the battlefield. A warrior pounced onto him, the two rolling around a bit before Redpaw ended up pinned on the ground.

Redpaw slashed at the cat. The cat slashed his face, giving Redpaw a small cut on his cheek.

Redpaw kicked up with his back legs, but the warrior was too much bigger than him.

Redpaw reached up and stabbed his claws into the cat's shoulders and used all his strength to pull him down, biting into the cat's neck.

The cat yowled and thrashed, letting go of Redpaw. Redpaw jumped to his paws and slashed at the warrior as he ran away.

Redpaw jumped back into battle, biting and clawing. He looked around at the battle, he could see flashes of dark ginger fur as Squirrelpaw jumped around the battle, fast as a squirrel.