Chapter 6

Redpaw blinked his eyes open. It was his second day in the clan, and Wetfoot was going to take him training.

Redpaw sat up and yawned. He looked around. Squirrelpaw lay, sprawled out in her nest, still sleeping. Goldenpaw was gone, but Mousepaw was also sleeping.

Redpaw stood up and shook his fur before walking out of the den. He walked over to the fresh-kill pile and grabbed a mouse, quickly eating it, and looking around for Wetfoot.

He spotted Wetfoot walking over to him. "Hello, Redpaw, come on, it's time for training," He meowed. Redpaw nodded and followed him as they exited through the gorse tunnel and up the ravine. "I'll show you the territory today,"

Redpaw looked around the forest as they walked, gazing at the fluttering birds, scurrying rodents, streams of sunlight going through the leaves of the trees.

Eventually, Wetfoot stopped, Redpaw stopping as well. They were standing above a sandy hollow with a tall, thin fallen tree inside. "This is the Sandy Hollow, this is where apprentices can train without getting hurt," Wetfoot meowed.

"Oh, cool," Redpaw meowed, looking at the hollow.

"Now, come on, let's keep going," Wetfoot meowed, and they continued on their way. They walked for a while until they reached the edge of the forest. Out of the trees, a river cut through the land.

Wetfoot motioned to a pile of boulders beside the river. "Those are the Sunningrocks, Riverclan is always fighting with us about who they belong to, when it's clearly on our territory," He meowed. "The river belongs to Riverclan, of course. Can you smell them?"

Redpaw sniffed and scented a strange unfamiliar cat scent. "Yes, I think I can smell them," he meowed.

"Come on, let's continue," Wetfoot meowed. They walked along the river at the edge of the forest. They walked until they reached a spot where the river veered away from the forest.

They walked a while more until they reached a slope that lead to a clearing with four massive oaks around it. "This is Fourtrees, where all four clans meet every full moon. There is a truce during this, where no one can attack anyone," Wetfoot explained.

"I see," Redpaw meowed, gazing down at the clearing.

"Windclan lives across from here, in the moor," Wetfoot meowed.

Wetfoot and Redpaw moved on. The walked for a while before stopping at the edge of the trees again, this time outside the trees was a black stone path emitting a horrid stench.

"This is the Thunderpath, where Twoleg Monsters run all day and night," Wetfoot meowed, and right as he finished, a huge, bright-red monster raced past on the path, causing Redpaw to reel back, fur bristling in fear. "Don't worry, they never leave the Thunderpath, so stay off and they won't hurt you."

Redpaw shook his head and nodded. Wetfoot continued talking. "Shadowclan lives on the other side of the Thunderpath, in the marshes."

"Are there any other clans?" Redpaw asked.

"No, there's only Thunderclan, Riverclan, Windclan, and Shadowclan." Wetfoot meowed. "Snakerocks is near here, but we won't go there today, the snakes there are dangerous."

"What snakes are there?" Redpaw asked.

"Adders, very dangerous," Wetfoot replied. "We'll go back to camp now, we've seen all the borders."

"Ok," Redpaw meowed and followed Wetfoot all the way back to camp.

They walked down the ravine and through the gorse tunnel, looking around at the camp. This was his home.