ch-6 : shadows of betrayal

Chapter 6: Shadows of BetrayalThe oppressive weight of fear hung heavy in the air as Jimin tiptoed through the darkened hallway of his home. Each creak of the floorboards beneath his feet echoed like a warning, a reminder of the danger that lurked behind every corner.As he reached the sanctuary of his room and closed the door with a soft click, Jimin let out a sigh of relief, his shoulders slumping with exhaustion.

But even in the safety of his own space, he couldn't shake the gnawing sense of dread that twisted in the pit of his stomach.It had started with a simple mistake—a forgotten chore, a misplaced item—and had escalated into a storm of rage and violence from his uncle. Jimin knew better than to provoke him, to draw attention to himself in any way, but sometimes even the smallest misstep was enough to set off a torrent of abuse.As he lay in bed, the only sound the steady rhythm of his own breathing, Jimin's thoughts drifted to the looming specter of his uncle's drunken wrath.

He could already hear the slurred curses and the heavy footfalls, could already feel the weight of his uncle's hands as they closed around his throat.Sure enough, as the night wore on and the darkness outside deepened, Jimin heard the telltale signs of his uncle's approach. His heart leaped into his throat, his body tensing with anticipation as he braced himself for the inevitable onslaught.

With a sickening lurch of dread, Jimin watched as the door to his room swung open, revealing the shadowy figure of his uncle looming in the doorway. His eyes were glazed and bloodshot, his breath rank with the stench of alcohol as he staggered into the room."Thought you could get away with it, huh?" his uncle slurred, his words dripping with venom. "Thought you could disobey me and not suffer the consequences?"Jimin's heart hammered in his chest as his uncle advanced on him, his movements slow and deliberate, like a predator closing in on its prey.

Panic surged through him, his mind racing with thoughts of escape, but he knew there was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide from the monster that lurked within his own home.As his uncle's hands closed around his throat, squeezing with a brutal force that stole the breath from his lungs, Jimin felt a wave of despair wash over him.

He was trapped, helpless to defend himself against the onslaught of violence, and the realization filled him with a bone-deep sense of betrayal.

it was the violation of his uncle's touch, the invasive hands that groped and grasped at him with a sickening hunger, that left Jimin feeling utterly powerless and exposed.

Of course his uncle has beaten him to death before, but this was the first time he touched jimin inappropriately. Maybe he was just too drunk this time.

As he sat on the edge of his bed, the memory of his uncle's hands on him sent a shudder of revulsion coursing through his body. It was a betrayal that cut to the core, a violation of trust that left Jimin feeling dirty and ashamed, as if he were somehow to blame for the horrors inflicted upon him.

With a heavy heart and trembling hands,Jimin closed his eyes and whispered a silent prayer into the darkness. He prayed to the darkness to swallow him then and there to which he was just mere dust for this world which would be just the same either with him or without him that there was no use of living in a world which had no love or pity for him.