ch-1 : shadows of past

Chapter 1: Shadows of the Past

The old grandfather clock in the corner of Jimin's room ticked loudly, counting down the seconds of another long, solitary night. With a heavy sigh, Jimin turned away from the window, where the moon cast its eerie glow over the empty streets below.

At sixteen, Jimin carried the weight of a lifetime on his slender shoulders. Orphaned at the tender age of three, he had been taken in by his uncle and aunt, who had promised to provide him with a loving home. But their promises had crumbled beneath the weight of their own bitterness and resentment, leaving Jimin to navigate the treacherous waters of adolescence alone.

The memories of his parents were a distant blur, fading with each passing year until all that remained were fragments of a life he could barely remember. Instead, he found himself trapped in a world of shadows and whispers, where the past bled into the present with a merciless clarity.

For Jimin, the halls of his high school were a battleground, where every step was a struggle and every word a weapon. And at the center of it all stood Jungkook, the boy whose mere presence sent a shiver down Jimin's spine.

With his tousled hair and piercing gaze, Jungkook was the epitome of confidence and charm, a stark contrast to Jimin's quiet reserve. But beneath his polished exterior lurked a darkness that set him apart from the other students, a darkness that Jimin could feel seeping into his very soul.

From the moment they had first crossed paths, Jungkook had made it his mission to make Jimin's life a living hell. Whether it was a whispered insult in the hallway or a cruel prank in the classroom, Jungkook's torment knew no bounds, his laughter a cruel symphony that echoed in Jimin's ears long after the final bell had rung.

But amidst the chaos and despair, Jimin could not shake the feeling that there was more to Jungkook than met the eye. Behind the mask of indifference, behind the facade of cruelty, there was a boy struggling to make sense of his own demons, a boy whose pain mirrored Jimin's own in ways he could not begin to fathom.

And so, night after night, Jimin found himself retreating further into himself, seeking solace in the silence of his room and the pages of his books. But no matter how hard he tried, he could not escape the relentless pull of Jungkook's presence, a presence that lingered in the shadows, waiting to consume him whole.

As the clock struck midnight, casting the room into darkness, Jimin closed his eyes and whispered a silent prayer into the void. For in the depths of his despair, he could not help but cling to the faint glimmer of hope that burned within him, a hope that one day, he would find the courage to face the darkness that threatened to consume them both.