Chapter 113 : Laws to Enforce

Start from the beginning

He begins to look for his clothes. Where has Maya kept them?

"Arya! Your back!"

Sutasoma curses in his mind. He was so invested in looking for his clothes he failed to notice Maya coming out.

"Ahahahahahahahahahah," Maya rolls on the bed laughing as Sutasoma comes out after taking a bath.

"Aren't you done?" Sutasoma asks pouting.

"You looked the most handsome your backside painted all red, Arya. I will make sure to tell Bhrata Satanika to draw this," Maya laughs tears almost coming out of her eyes.

Sutasoma rolls his eyes sitting down in the bed with a thump. Maya notices his pout and awes in her heart.

"Let me," she begins to dry his damp hair with towel.

"Aren't they reaching 30? Yesterday they threw Shrutasena in the pond saying he needs to cool his head off because he is reading too much. And today I become their target," Sutasoma grumbles.

Maya giggles softly.

"I am telling you, Maya. Maa, should probably get them married. They need someone exclusive to bother all time," Sutasoma keeps on. 

"Mata is busy in the sabha and guests all the time. Seeing Mata tires to sometimes," Maya informs.

"Maa is making time for Jyest so he can spend them with his sons, Maya. Though I am also getting worried. Maa is overworking herself," Sutasoma says.

Putting down the towel, Maya brushes his shoulder length hair lovingly. Sutasoma sits patiently as she does so.

"Arya, Mata called you in her chamber," Maya informs.

"I know. I was going to her when they pulled the prank on me. I will get going now," Sutasoma winks at her kissing her knuckles before exiting their chamber.

"Maa," Sutasoma looks around the room.

His Jyest, His mother, his father in law and mother in law are present. Sutasoma takes all their blessings and sits beside his Jyest.

Maharaj Rajveer played a vital role in their Digviya Yatra. No kingdoms attack Videhi out of respect for Mata Sita. Hence, they have a cordial relationship with most kingdoms. Many kingdoms willingly came under Devapath after Rajveer's persuasion.

"Maharaj, you said you had something important to discuss with me and my sons," Draupadi reminds.

Maharani Sonakshi starts, "Samragni, it's a matter that has been put down for a long time. We really wanted to clarify ourselves finally."

"Matashree, if something was troubling you, why didn't you tell us before," Prativindhya says worriedly.

"Putra, nothing is troubling us," Maharani Sonakshi smiles softly at her son in law.

"Then what is it, Mata?" Sutasoma asks.

"Calm down, putro. It's nothing serious," Maharaj Tejveer assures them.

"Samragni, after their marriage, you left in a hurry. We couldn't perform a lot of after rituals," Maharani Sonakshi says.

Draupadi ponders a bit, "I instructed to not leave any important rituals behind and stayed until every major rituals are performed. What did I miss, Maharani?"

"That time, we didn't get to send any gifts to my son in laws. From the side of the bride, it's very important ritual. Samragni, you have all the riches of the world. What more can we offer you? Still, it would be gracious of you, if you tell us your likings. Putro, you two as well. I have prepared my kingdom to be separated in two parts..." Maharaj Rejveer goes on and on.