chapter 11

i take my hands to oikawas chest and push him away with the little energy i have left remaining after our game. wiping my lips, feeling the anger seeping out of every pore of my body.

" tooru! what is wrong with you!" pushing my way through the crowd of my team to grab my bag so i can escape the watchful eyes. feeling toorus sly smile plastered on my back.

while running out the doors i hear the whispers of everyone who witnessed the kiss.

" did i just see correctly?"
" huh? oikawa kissed karasunos monster setter?"
" how does y/n know him?"

yes, you all just seen the ace setter of aoba johsai plant his lips on a certain someone who wasnt accepting the action.

-

weak from exhaustion and hot from anger, I rush to the restroom to take a moment to clear my thoughts. a deep sigh escapes from my dried lips. my mind fills with thoughts of toorus soft lips on mine. so many questions ran rampant in my mind.

why is tooru doing this? why is he trying to make my life difficult? did sugawara see? how am I supposed to face everyone after something like that?

the anger builds within me and the only thing I want to do is scream, sweat runs down the side of my face and I groan.

"how do I end up in these types of situations?"

after tying my hair up in a quick up-do, I quickly rinse my face with cool water to cool down from the events that just occurred. slipping my sweater over my head, the bathroom door swings open, met with a worried looking michimiya. i smile before I can bring my hands up to my cheeks and laugh.

" please tell me no one is talking about what tooru did out there"

michimiya lets out a stifled giggle before responding.
"i hate to say it, but everyone is talking. Ah! don't worry! not much should come from it anyway, from what I gathered, not much truly seen the kiss. in my opinion, id just walk with my head held high and dont listen to the murmurs of oikawa's fan club. sooner or later it'll be forgotten history! ah, but wait are you okay? sorry i startled rambling before asking." she ends off with waving her hands in the air.

great, everyone is talking and now im going to have to explain myself.

"its a bit unsettling to know everyone is talking, but you are right. a simple kiss isn't the end of the world." i grab my bag and head for the door, mind still fuzzy with everything.

" oh and I'm fine, kind of pissed off that tooru thinks he could do whatever he wants with me but whatever. thanks for looking out for me michimiya." I give her a quick smile before stepping out of the restroom.

-
i weave through the halls of nekoma highschool hurrying to reach my destination of the lobby. eager to discover when we play our next game so I can cower away outside for the remaining time when suddenly i hear a familiar voice call out to me.

"y/n?"

oh such wonderful timing to hear such a soothing voice of a particular grey haired setter. i stop in my tracks and slowly turn around to face Sugawara.

"hey" as I force a friendly smile on my face waiting for him to catch up.

"you played amazing once again y/n, the whole thing was just... a surprise" sugawara says with a closed eye smile.

my eyes widen when I realize that he did in fact see tooru smash his lips into mine. struggling to find the right words to explain myself, my mouth is left open without a noise coming out.