25

As Vegas returned home with a weary heart and blood staining his clothes, a heavy silence fell over the room. Phayu, Rain, Porsche, and Pete exchanged worried glances, their hearts pounding with a mixture of fear and concern.

"Vegas," Phayu's voice trembled with emotion as he approached his father, his eyes searching Vegas's face for answers. "What happened?"

Vegas's gaze was haunted as he met Phayu's eyes, his expression grim with the weight of the truth he bore. "I did what needed to be done," he said hoarsely, his voice tinged with regret. "I took care of the kidnappers, once and for all."

A sense of shock rippled through the room as Vegas's words sank in, the gravity of his actions hanging heavy in the air. Rain's eyes widened with disbelief, his heart pounding with a mixture of fear and admiration for the man who had risked everything to protect his family.

Porsche stepped forward, his voice quiet yet filled with urgency. "Vegas, are you okay?" he asked, his eyes scanning Vegas's form for any signs of injury.

Vegas nodded, his jaw set with determination. "I'm fine, Porsche," he said firmly. "But I couldn't let them get away with what they did to Rain and Phayu. I had to make sure they could never hurt anyone again."

As the weight of Vegas's words settled over them, Phayu felt a surge of conflicting emotions wash over him. Though he understood the necessity of Vegas's actions, he couldn't shake the lingering sense of unease that gnawed at his heart.

But amidst the turmoil and uncertainty, one thing remained clear—Vegas had done what he believed was right, even at great personal cost. And as they stood together in the aftermath of his decision, they knew that they would face whatever consequences lay ahead, united as a family bound by love and loyalty.