Chapter 36

Anguish. 

Pure anguish. 

That was all Addi could feel as she stared blankly ahead of her at the TARDIS wall. The Doctor was behind her walking about the control panel, getting them to wherever they needed to be. The place they needed to be to see Rose one last time. To see her mom one last time. 

"It's ready, Addi," The Doctor's voice was muffled in her ears, and she didn't move a muscle. 

She was frozen as the figure of her sister manifested into the TARDIS, tears already pouring down her flushed cheeks. 

"Where are you?" Her sister asked the Doctor, earning a suppressed sob from the girl on the floor. The Doctor glanced down at her with a frown. 

"Inside the TARDIS," he replied, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "There's one tiny gap in the Universe left, just about to close, and it takes a lot of power to send this projection. I'm in orbit around a super nova. I'm burning up a sun to let Addi say goodbye. 

Rose cried out, the flood of tears finally bursting from her eyes. The Doctor grasped Addi in his hold and carried her over, the younger girl shaking from her sobs. Her sister cried harder.

"You both look like ghosts."

"Hold on." The Doctor tugged his sonic screwdriver from his suit coat and pointed at the console, solidifying the image of them. 

"Can I-" Both Rose and Addi reached out to touch each other, but only felt air.

The Doctors heart broke as he witnessed the sisters, "We're still just an image...no touch."

"Can't you come through properly, or send Addi through?" Rose asked. 

"The whole thing would fracture. Two universes would collapse, " he explained, rubbing Addi's shoulder. 

"So?" Addi sniffed, leading the Doctor to pull the girl's head against his chest and kiss her forehead. 

"Where are we?" The Doctor sighed. "Where did the gap come out?"

"We're in Norway," Rose absently replied, staring at her younger sister's teary face, trying to memorize everything about her. 

"Norway. Right."

"About fifty miles out of Burgen. It's called 'Darlig Ulv Stranden'."

"Dalek?"

Addi shook her head and wiped her nose, "No. Darlig means 'bad' in Norwegian. They're at Bad Wolf Bay." 

The Doctor looked at her in shock, but Rose wasn't concerned with how she knew that. "How long have we got?" She asked. 

"About five minutes," the doctor replied. 

Addi stepped away from him and allowed him to say his own goodbyes, but when it was his turn, she kept him from leaving, needing someone to hold onto as she permanently parted ways with her mother and sister.  

"Mum's pregnant?" Addi gasped, more tears slipping from her eyes. She couldn't help the pain she felt when Rose nodded. It felt like they were already trying to replace her. 

"I know what you're thinking, but it's not true," Rose began. "It was an accident. Mum's heartbroken, Addi. I am too."

"I just got you back!" Addi's voice raised. "It's not fair! We were all supposed to travel together and be happy and, and- It's not-"

The Doctor held her up as her knees gave out. Rose wailed into the air, the reality setting in for her that she wouldn't see her sister again. But, there time together was running out, and she had some final things left to say. 

"Addi- Addi, listen to me," the girl raised her head and two pairs of chocolate brown eyes, burned into one another. "You stay with the Doctor when you're not at school, okay? Don't shut out your friends either- I know how you are. And, I'm so proud of you Addi- mum is too. Please, please, please be safe. I love  you so very, very much, Addison Lyra Tyler. 

"I promise,  I promise, please don't go. Please don't go! I love you, Rose. Please-"

The hologram of Rose abruptly faded. 

Addi screamed falling back into The Doctor. He eased them both to the ground, cradling the broken child in his arms and rocking back and forth. One hand was holding her head and the other was holding her own tightly.  

"Shh, shh, you're going to be alright." 

And although her crying  faded away into sniffles, she didn't believe his words for one second.

"I'm all alone," she whispered. "What am I gonna do?"

"Well, you can stay with me during the summer and on breaks, keep going to school." The Doctor began, hoisting her off the grated floor. "You still have so much to do, so much life to live."

Addison sighed, "Then why does it feel like I just died?"

The Doctor didn't get the chance to respond as a red-headed woman in a wedding dress materialized in front of the TARDIS door. 

"What?"

His voice caused the woman to turn around and jump in shock, "Oh!"

"What?" Addi asked this time, throat burning from all her crying. 

"Who are you two?"

The Doctor spluttered, "But-"

"Where am I?"

Addi and the Doctor shared a look, "What?"

"What the hell is this place?" 

Addi paused, looking the woman over once then-

"Nope."

Addi walked deeper into the TARDIS, finding Rose's room. Entering, she locked the door behind her, jumping into Rose's bed and burying her face in the pillow. Slowly, the smell of her sister caused her to start crying  once more, until she had sobbed herself to sleep. After the day she'd had, she never wanted to wake up.