Chapter 16

Muffled voices filled her head and she blinked a couple of times to clear up her vision. Addi found herself in a cell with Cassandra-Rose standing on the other side glaring in at her. Something shifted behind her and she shrieked, spinning around in fright only to be wrapped in someone's arms.

"It's okay! Addi! It's the Doctor." With a sigh of relief, she burried her face into his stomach, arms circling around his middle. Completing the hug, the Doctor harshly sneered at Cassandra-Rose, "let us out. Let us out!"

"Aren't you lucky there was a spare? Standing room only," Cassandra spoke with a smug grin at the pair.

"You've stolen Rose's body," The Doctor stated the obvious.

"Over the years, I've thought of thousands of ways to kill you, Doctor. And now, that's exactly what I've got. One thousand diseases. They pump the patients with a top-up every ten minutes. You've got about three minutes left. Enjoy!" Cassandra-Rose began strutting away from them as Addi's breathing increased rapidly.

"Please! She's only thirteen! You're going to kill her, too?" The Doctor shouted after her, but received no response. "Just let Rose and Addi go, Cassandra!"

"I will...as soon as I've found someone younger, and less common, then I'll junk her with the waste. Now hushabye! Its showtime," Addi let out an angered sob with the Doctor trying to calm her, rubbing her back in small circles.

She could faintly hear Cassandra speaking to the cats about wanting money, but it seemed to fade. The angrier she got the more she heard ringing and her vision seemed to splatter with red. With a deep breath out, she flung her arms out, sending the cell door flying open. Walking out with a dangerous glint in her eye, she saw Cassandra-Rose staring back at her in something akin to horror as well as the cats. 

"Get out of my sister...before I make you."

"Ah, well...Chip! Plan B!" Chip pulled the lever opening all the sick patients cells just as the Doctor had gotten over his shock and came out to stand beside the young girl.

"What've you done?" The Doctor yelled in a furious rage.

"Gave the system a shot of adrenalin, just to wake them up. See you!" Cassandra-Rose sprinted away in fright as the sick flooded out of their cells and onto the walkways. With an annoyed huff Addi followed closely behind her sister, the Doctor just after her.

"Oh my god," Cassandra-Rose muttered as Sister Jatt died from one touch of a sick man. 

"What the hell have you done?" Addi growled as she stopped beside Cassandra. 

"It wasn't me!" 

"The hell it wasn't!" Addi launched herself at her sister's body, the Doctor Catching her before she could tackle the older blonde.

"One touch and you get every disease in the world, and I want that body safe, Cassandra. We've got to go down," The Doctor pushed Addi to the ladder, making her go first.

"But there's thousands of them!" Cassandra-Rose whined pathetically.

"Well whose fault is that?" Addi shouted indignantly up at the woman possessing her sister.

"Shut up, you!"

"No!"

"Run! Down! Down! Go down!" The Doctor cut off their argument and shoved Cassandra-Rose at the ladder, climbing down quickly after her.

Addi climbed down faster than the other two as they were busy arguing about Chip, who had been left behind. A hand grasped her arm making her shriek, but it was only Cassandra-Rose pulling her off in a different direction- right where a bunch of the sick were walking in. "Let me go! You're going to kill us both!" Addi pulled herself away and shut the door, blocking anymore from entering and shoving a pipe through the handle to keep it closed.