Chapter 24

Weeks after Harry's lesson with Lupin, the four friends were going down to see Hagrid who had just returned from Buckbeak's appeal. Addi was furious at Draco's father for not listening to his son, but there was nothing she could do about it, and she wasn't about to make Draco stand up to his father, he wasn't ready for that yet.

They wandered out into the courtyard, Hermione in the lead, followed by a grinning Addi, a sulking Ron, and Harry who was oblivious to what had occurred between his friends. Hermione spread her arms out as she walked, "Beautiful day."

"Gorgeous!" Addi spun in a circle. She hated that rat.

"Unless you've been ripped to pieces!" Ron snapped at them, a frown decorating his face. 

Harry furrowed his brows, looking between his friends, "Ripped to pieces? What are you talking about?"

"Ronald has lost his rat," Hermione huffed as Addi skipped ahead of her humming a gleeful tune. Ron glared at them both.

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!" He pointed at Hermione, face turning as red as his hair in anger. 

"Come off it, Ron," Addi told him, a smile still present on her face which seemed to anger Ron more. 

"You come off it, Addi!" Her grin faded and Ron turned to Harry for support. "Harry, you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about! And Scabbers is gone."

"It's her cat, you great twat! Obviously it's going to be around us all the time- his owner is around us all the time!" Addi argued, no longer in a good mood. Whenever Ron snapped at her, she always lost her temper with him because he got pissy about the simplest things. "And just because your rat is now missing doesn't mean that her cat was the culprit. So why don't you pull your panties out of your ass and man up!"

Ron blanched at her words and said nothing else on the matter as they traveled in silence the rest of the way to see Hagrid. The half-giant was stood calf deep in the Black lake skipping stones. Addi was leaned against a tree listening as he explained what happened at the appeal.

"Well, firs' off, the committee members took turns talkin' abou' why we were there. I go' up an' did my piece- said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned 'is feathers. An' then Lucius Malfoy go' up. Well, ya' can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly creature  who would kill ya' as soon as he looked at ya'. An' then? An' then he asked for the worst, did ol' Lucius."

"They're not sacking you!" Harry shouted. 

"No, I'm no' sacked." Hagrid muttered. "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!"

He chucked the rock in his hands straight into the water causing a big splash. Addi gasped, her hand flying up to clutch her necklace as tears filled her eyes. Buckbeak was going to die, and she felt like it was her fault.