Chapter 4

The group of four emerged from the bridge, making their way toward Hagrid's hut. Hermione was making fun of Professor Trelawney much to the group's amusement.

   "Death omens. Honestly. If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now Ancient Runes. That's a fascinating subject,"  Addison furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

   "Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" Ron took the words right from Addi's mouth. Hermione's eyes widened, but the only one who seemed to notice was Addison.

   "A fair few," Hermione tried to cover up.

   "Isn't Ancient Runes at the same time as Divination, though?" Addi whispered to Harry. He looked at her before shrugging his shoulders.

   "Hang on. Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once," Ron stated. Addi pointed at Ron before everything seemed to click in her mind. 

   "Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Addi smirked slightly when Hermione locked eyes with her. She then mouthed Time Turner  making Hermione's eyes widen. Hermione reached out to tug Addison away from the other two as they began to walk ahead of them.

   Once they were out of hearing range, Hermione whispered leaned closer to whisper to Addi, "How'd you know?"

   "Your schedule, and what Ron said a few minutes ago, but you just confirmed it. Thanks," Addison gave her friend a cheeky grin causing the other girl to smile.

   "You can't tell anyone," Hermione turned serious once again.

   "Why would I tell anyone?" Hermione smiled fully this time and the girls gossiped the rest of the way to Hagrid's. The boys meet up with them again there, and they crowd around Hagrid.

   "C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh. Great lesson comin' up. Follow me," Hagrid boomed before leading the class to a paddock on the side of the Forbidden Forest. 

   Inside the paddock was a rack full of small dead animals. Upon further inspection, Addison came to the conclusion that they were dead ferrets. Flies swarmed around them making Addi grimace. 

   "Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books-" Hagrid Began his lesson, but was cut off by Malfoy.

   "And exactly how do we do that?" He snarled. Addi didn't want to admit it, but someone had to ask. She wished it had been someone nicer, though.

   Addi listened intently as Hagrid told them to stroke the spine. Luckily for Addison, Hagrid used her book as an example. She sighed in relief when the book shivered slightly before falling open. 

   "Righ' then. So...so... yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right. So...I'll...I'll go an' get 'em," Hagrid nervously looked around before turning and disappearing into the trees. 

   Addison was to caught up in looking through the book that she didn't hear Malfoy's snarky comment. She also didn't hear Harry say something back to Malfoy. What Addison did hear was Malfoy shouting Dementor, which caused her head to shoot up. 

   Malfoy and his goons had put their hoods up and wiggled their fingers at Harry in an attempt to be spooky. Addison rolled her eyes before grabbing Harry's bicep and turning him away from Malfoy. 

   "Hello, Addison," Malfoy's voice rang through her ears. The girl internally sighed before looking over her shoulder and smiling sarcastically at him. before anything else could be said, Hagrid came back with a Hippogriff. It had the torso, hind legs, and tail of a horse, but the front legs, wings, and head of an eagle. Most of the students took a step back in fear; Addi was not one of them. When Harry noticed, he stepped forward and tugged her back gently.