13: Saying Goodbye

After hearing what Julian said the crystal glowed as the males that had a significant other were able to see the images of their lovers in front of them. All of the males stood stiff seeing the female they knew in front of them. Julian looked down at all of the versions of the princess before he jumped down from the crystal and stood by Rei. "Do you see how all of the males are looking at the females that stand before them?"

"I do yes, they must have had a tight connection to the woman they knew yes?"

"Indeed, cracking that crystal will fade and destroy the faux clones of the princess."

Sogo looked at Julian shocked "W-Wait whoa hold up! Are you saying that if we all break free that woman the people we knew aren't going to be anymore?!"

"Indeed that is why all of you are here, you all are tasked to see whose love is stronger. But only one of you will be able to come up on top. Let's start from the beginning shall we?" Julian said before he looked at Shun "You personally wanted to know what the lines on the ground were for yes?"

Shun nodded his head as he looked at Julian. "Yes, I did what about them?"

"Well if your love and passion is strong enough you will be able to make the line glow your color and break her from the crystal. But if one of the others are stronger their color will take over yours."

"We truly are going against one another." Iori said sadly

The female in front of him smiled "You have nothing to worry about Iori dear. Just do what I know you can do with Osaka senpai's help."

"R-Rina...but what if I can't?" Iori asked sadly

"I know you can." Rina said happily

Lina then spoke up. "Shun darling this is what I was afraid of, I know your demonic powers can only go so far. I do not know if your love and passion for me will be enough. Yes I trusted you so much with so many things-but that doesn't mean that the trust will turn into love and passion that you need." Lina said shaking her head

Shun placed his hand on his chest where his heart was. "I will do my best Little Lina, no need to worry too much."

"If you cannot do so after your turn is up I will disappear as will my memories inside of you and all of those who knew me. Which also means Mila will no longer be around Hajime and you two would have never had to deal with the two of us...Things will go as they should." Lina said sadly as her eyes shut while she held her hands to her chest

Shun looked at Julian "I can't move from where I am can I?"

"If you are to step towards Lina it will be alright. As long as you are still on this platform you will be fine." Julian said with his arms crossed

Shun nodded his head before he went up to Lina and hugged her tightly. "I will do what I can don't give up hope on us yet."

"Then sing...Sing your heart out and never forget about how you and I were together." Lina spoke softly to him "Let everyone know just how much you love and adore me as I am."

Shun then sang a song that had been written specifically due to the fact that he had been with Lina. Lina teared up hearing him sing the song that he had, once he finished the lines on the ground glowed to be the color that his pillar was. The crystal barely crack which meant that Shun's passion wasn't enough to keep the woman that he cared for. Julian jumped up to get the scythe and he got down before he looked at Shun. 

"You have failed your trial. Shimotsuki Shun, you will be returned your time with no memories of the woman that you have made contact with Shikoto Lina's memories will be erased thus forth and you will be going through life without her or her friends presence within the timeline you are from." Julio said before he took one hard swing at the pillar behind Shun making him disappear as well as Lina as she screamed out in pain.

The others realized then what would happen if they didn't take the trial seriously. Julio then leaned against the broken pillar with a sigh. "Now...next up is Yaotome. You have more on the line than Shimotsuki did. Not only do you have your wives life but your child as well. Remember if you fail your child becomes a reaper with no memory of his mother or father." Julian said seriously

Gaku nodded his head as he went up to Ayano who gave him a weak smile. "I warned you about this did I not?"

"You did and I'm glad you had. But that doesn't mean that I like this any more than I did when you told me."

"I know you are a passionate male when it comes to me, but I cannot tell whether that'll be enough to save our son and I. Please...do your best." Ayano said with a weak smile

Gaku hugged Ayano tightly which made her break down crying "I'll do my best Aya, forgive me if I cannot do what is being asked of me."

"I'm afraid of the out come but I can forgive you if it isn't enough."

Gaku kept her in his arms as he sang to her, when he finished the crystal cracked more as the lines on the ground turned a darker gray color. Julian let out a sigh tsk'ing out a bit. "Too bad it wasn't enough. Yaotome Gaku you have failed your trial. The memories of Ando Ayano will no longer be within your time line and anyone who remembers her will no longer do so. Your life as a single attractive male will continue on until you find the right person without her influence."

Gaku kissed Ayano one last time. "Goodbye Aya I'm sorry."

"G-Gaku...Goodbye."

As Ayano said goodbye to Gaku Julian had hacked at the pillar behind Gaku separating the two of them as Ayano screamed out in pain as she disappeared, while Gaku had disappeared from the platform.