"Why are we always the last to know things?" Sammy asked.

"Kenji doesn't know yet," I said. "Does he?" Yaz shook her head. "There, see. So, you're like second to last."

Brooklynn then peeked her head out the airlock and looked around. "Coast is clear. No Spino."

Angel and Rebel then ran past her and into the desert.

"Looks like we came to the right." Yaz paused as Angel and Rebel plopped down on the ground. "Never mind."

"Okay. That's a no on the desert," Brooklynn said as Angel and Rebel snored.

"Aw, they're miserable," Sammy pitted.

"Hey, when we were in the arctic biome, Rebel was super playful. Plus, looked at them. They'd blend in right with the snow. That's, uh, that's gotta be where they belong," Brooklynn said. "Sorry guys. I should have thought of that sooner."

Yaz placed a hand on Brooklynn's shoulder. "Ah, it's okay. You didn't know till you knew. You can't beat yourself up about this," she said.

"Oh, I- I wasn't," Brooklynn stammered.

"You know what? You're right, Yaz. Thanks for helping us keep our emotions in check," Sammy said, smiling.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, thanks Yaz," Brooklynn said nervously.

I furrowed my brows and turned towards the desert.

"Chris? What's wrong?" Sammy asked.

"Do you feel that?" I asked, grabbing my bow. I notched in an arrow.

The ground was shaking.

The fin of the Spino could be seen as it walked through the canyon.

The others tried to get Angel and Rebel moving but they wouldn't.

The Spino then crawled out of the canyon and roared at us. That got Angel and Rebel moving.

"Hey! Fish-face!" I yelled.

The Spino turned its head towards me. I fired an arrow and it sunk into its eye.

The Spino roared out in pain. It dragged the side of its face against the ground, trying to get my arrow out.

I ran over to the others, who were in the airlock.  We then ran down the airlock to the arctic biome.

~~~~~

We sat in the glider as we watched Angel and Rebel play together. I was in the back with Sunny in my lap.

"Aw, they look right at home," Brooklynn cooed.

Yaz then started the glider. "Okay, you guys ready to go?"

"What?" Brooklynn asked.

"No," Sammy said.

"Come on, we all know leaving them here is the best thing for them," Yaz pointed out.

"Yeah, but it's still hard," Brooklynn said.

Yaz then started driving the glider away.

"Yaz, what are you doing?" Sammy asked.

"Giving you the push you need. Again. You're welcome," Yaz replied.

"We don't need a push. We just need a minute. We're not ready to say goodbye. Turn around," Brooklynn said. She then reached over for the wheel.

The glider slid as the two fought over the wheel. Sammy dove in to help but accidentally hit the shift, making the glider go faster.