sweet dreams are made of this [ klayley ]

"WELL WE NEED all the help we can get to save Elijah, and we're running out of time!" 

"Hayley, as endearing as it is to see you so desperately worried to save my brother, we need a plan. We can't just  barge through his estate and demand he hand him over. What we need is a plan to defeat Lucien. Once & for all." 

"And how do you suppose we'll do that?"

"See, Lucien's entire advantage over us is because of the serum. Now all we need to do is somehow—"

"—extract the serum from his body."

"Right. But how? Davina may be working on a cure for it but defeating or cornering him will be no easy feat. Not to mention, he has Elijah as leverage and God knows how he'll use that to his advantage." Klaus said, suddenly very worried.

They were standing in the courtyard of the house, concocting a plan.

"We could corner him during the fight, then compromise his position and then inject him with the cure?" Hayley said, unsure, eyebrows furrowed.

"That is, if we are able to harbor the cure in time and if we're not walking straight through another one of his traps." He replied, more worry evident in his tone.

"Hey, hey, don't do that, Klaus. Okay? We have everyone on our side, and you've thought of every devious scheme there is, even if you think it's not enough, to not only buy ourselves time, but to save Elijah. Have a little faith. Trust the people around you for once." She reassured him, coming closer to him, making direct eye contact with him.

Him and his big blue eyes.

"Forgive me, Little Wolf, if trust doesn't exactly come naturally to me. I don't want to leave everything to chance."

"You're not. You're leaving some of it to trust. That's good enough." She continued, cupping his face with her hand.

She could see the expression on his face and the battle within him. She just wanted him to see that it was okay to rely on people.

"Let's get this show on the road, then!" Kol exclaimed, coming in.

Klaus and Hayley broke free of their embrace and turned around to look at him.

"Oh! Apologies, brother. Didn't mean to interrupt your... moment or any—"

"—Shut up." They both said.

__

It was late at night. The fight with Lucien had raged on, and on, but ultimately, he was defeated.

"I don't care who lives or dies. But since you do, indulge me." Lucien had said to him, his hand having a chokehold on Hayley's heart.

Klaus could see the pain in her eyes, hear the agony in her voice.

God, it was torture to watch.

"And I just might spare the mother of your child." He continued, caressing her face and touching her hair.

Klaus could feel his own fist clenching.

"Kneel." He then commanded.

Klaus thought back to the moment, how seeing Hayley in pain left a dull ache in his own heart. He had knelt, knelt to Lucien for her, and he didn't think twice about it.

She was the mother of his child, leader of her pack, a friend, an ally.

And also, the only woman that held the key to his brother's heart.