salute to me, i'm your american queen (king of my heart) pt. 2

She woke up the next morning.

Somehow, last night, she had been able to drag herself back to her room and effectively to her bed.

It's not like Hayley got a lot of sleep though. Her night was plagued with tossing and turning and questions of what ifs.

"Great." She murmured, sleepily, getting out of bed.

Descending down the stairs, she ventured around the house and found herself outside of Klaus' art room after a lot of searching. And the girl was met with quite the sight. For she saw Hope and Klaus ... painting?

"Now, my littlest wolf, the thing about art  is that it requires precision and focus from the artist. Paint whatever you wish to paint but commit yourself to the task once you start." Klaus' soft voice was lecturing his daughter.

"What do we have here? Some father-daughter bonding sessions going on?" Hayley intervened, leaning against the doorframe

"Hi, mommy! Dad was just showing me how to paint." Her daughter explained.

"You don't say. How truly noble of you, Klaus." Hayley looked at Klaus, who had given all his attention to his canvas.

"Well, you have to teach them young, love." He responded, still painting.

"You're not wrong there. Listen, Hope, sweetie, do you want to go wash your hands so I can tell someone to get you some breakfast?" She kneeled down slightly so she could talk to Hope.

"I already ate, Mommy but, I'm thinking of getting Aunty Freya to cook me some of her special cheese sandwich she's always talking about. It's so good!" Hope ecstatically told her.

"Haha. All this painting's gotten you hungry again, huh?" She asked, amused.

Hope nodded, smiling.

"Alright then, baby, go wash your hands and then tell Auntie Freya to make you that sandwich." She patted her daughter on the back and with that, Hope left the room.

"You sure seem to be fitting into the fatherly role effortlessly." Hayley retorted, once Hope was out of the room.

Klaus chuckled, smiling. "What can I say? Children adore me."

Hayley laughed. "Yeah. I guess they do."

"