3. Tiffany

I had exactly two business days to find myself a perfect suit. There was a family gathering the week that followed. It was more of dowry negotiation for a cousin of mine. 'She had found the right man'. Everyone was happy for her. I was happy for her. Finding love especially in these strange times, is not easy. Actually, as much as I was happy for her, I respected her. My week had been really busy and I had no time to go fetch a suit for the ceremony. I walked into this boutique that I buy most of my formal wear. And was warmly welcomed by the staff there. I was already feeling stimulated. I am always amused by the seriousness people apply in their day to day ventures. It motivates me, honestly.

     I stepped into the wedding-attire section. I knew this is the best area to acquire a classy fashionable suit. I had bought a couple of suits here and I could confidently affirm that I was a happy customer. I was welcomed by a variety of suits: slim fit, wool suits, double breasted ones, notch lapels, patched pocket suits, modern fit ones. But I was only going for something simple but modern. So, I continued weighing my options. In my quest for a perfect suit, I wandered off and found myself next to the dresses. Gowns, perhaps.

     With my eyes buried in the suits, I heard a soft giggle. Looking in the direction of that laugh, I saw a gorgeous woman in the dress's sections. I quickly shifted my eyes away from her. I was not in the intention of engaging with her. Yes! Seriously. She was on the phone. Maybe speaking with her boo. This assumption completely drifted my mind away from her. One of the suits had caught my eye, so that's where my concentration was. She hung up her phone and quickly frowned. I was curious but I remembered I don't have nine lives so...

     I took the blue velvet suit. A keen eye is very crucial when it comes to buying clothes. Something my mother always said. Lost in scrutiny, I heard her talk, "Yeap! That's the one."

"Wai...What?" I stuttered.

I slowly turned to her. She was now walking towards me. She held the suit in her hand and felt the linen, then nodded.

"The texture is legit, the color is good too but the size, now we can't tell by just looking at it. You'll have to try it on." She continued.

"Yes, I guess you're right." I commented.

     I stepped into the fitting room and put it on. Using the mirror in there, I noticed that it was quite loose on the sides and there is nothing I hated than a suit that was loose on the sides. I took it off and went back out. I couldn't help it but think about that woman. I am used to being the one initiating conversation and everything, but this time, I am on the receiving end. I found this strange but dazzling woman just by the door, as though she had been waiting for me. She scowled and asked, "How comes you're not in the suit?"

"It's loose on the sides." I replied.

     She stretched her hand and shook mine, "Sorry by the way, call me Tiffany. And you are?" Perplexed but quite excited I replied, "I'm Jeffrey." With a smile on her face, she continued, "Nice to meet you Jeff. Now let's find you a magnificent suit."

"Yeah, sure." I commented. I followed her back to the suits section. She perused a few and picked two; a black notch lapel and a brown wool one. Both looked okay. And the sizes were strangely accurate.

"So, Jeff, try these ones on and tell me how you like them."

"Ok. I'll be right back." I rushed into the fitting room.

The notch lapel was incredible. The sides were fit and the color too. I walked out of the room and she was astonished.

"Wow! Jeffrey, you should wear suits more often." She commented.

"Thank you, Tiffany." I replied.

"Now try the brown one." She continued.

     I rushed in and out – emerged in the wool suit. She was astonished by this too and so was I. Having found what brought me here, I was free to leave. But I couldn't. She had helped me. The least I could do is return the favor. Coming out of the fitting room, she had moved on to her business, at the dresses. I decided to join her.