Traitor (keegan x reader)

Keegan is part of 141 in this story (heads up)

"Keegan.... What are you doing...." You stammered and he dropped the files he was holding, whirling to face you with a gun at your head.

He froze when he saw you. "Darling... I- i was just.... Getting them for price!" He said and held the gun more securley, his fingers flexing on the grip.

Your breath was shaking and you slowly put your hands up and behind your head. Tears were staring to form when you looked into keegans eyes.

You and Keegan had been dating in secret for 2 years and nobody was any the wiser. He had a certain look in his eyes that said he would shoot, said he wasn't the man you knew.

"Keegan please.... D- don't shoot- I-.... I won't tell anyone what I saw...." You started to cry and his hand started to shake. You kept your hands behind your head, your fingers laced so he knew there was not a single chance you were a threat but he still kept the gun to your head. "Keegan! I swear on my life- I won't say a word!" You promised and he slowly sighed and lowered the gun.

He had to look away from you and wipe his eyes. "Darling. If you say a single word... I don't care if I love you. I will kill you." He said and you nodded. He wrapped you in a hug and you cried, he scared the hell out of you and you were shaking.

You looked up at him and his green eyes were glinting softly in the low light. "Keegan.... Why...." You cried and he gently pet your hair, holding you close to his chest.

"Baby.... I'm sorry... I can't explain it to you... otherwise... otherwise that makes you a traitor... and I won't let them hurt you." He said softly and you buried your face in between his balaclava and vest, that tucked space that felt safe.

You stayed there for a long time and held eachother until footsteps came down the corridor towards the room. "Keegan hide." You hissed. He ducked behind a huge shelf of folders and you quickly grabbed your mission folder and spread it over the desk, lighting the small oil lamp and sitting down, looking exhausted just as price walked in. "Hey cap...." You yawned.

"Y/n? What are you still doing up?" He asked and peered over your shoulder at your mission folder and all its pages.

You have him a bleary smile and he ruffled your hair. "Ah... just my paperwork wasn't done and I wanted to get it turned in before breakfast..." you said and he nodded. He pat your shoulder and you leaned into his touch.

"Alright... make sure you lock up properly..." he said and exited the room, Keegan coming out from behind the shelf and walking up behind you as the door closed.

He placed his hand right where prices was and squeezed. "I never want another man touching you." He growled and you leaned into his touch. You sighed and he started massaging your shoulders while reading over them.

You quickly hid your papers and looked up at him with a look on your face. "Stop. Keegan.... Your not... your not a traitor.... Please. Don't be a traitor...." You whispered and he sighed, looking away and letting you put your papers away.

"Baby girl.... I can't change what I've done...." He hedged and then slipped out while you left aswell, needing to sleep on it.

A few weeks later price had called all of 141 into the meeting and he seemed angry, everyone sat silently at the table, waiting for his words.

"Someone.... Someone here is a traitor." He finally growled and you stiffened with a glance at Keegan. Keegan glanced at you and you could see the terror in his eyes.

Ghost spoke up and huffed "are you kidding price, no one's stupid enough to betray us when they know the consequences." He chuckled but price looked at him with a deadly seriousness and ghost sat straighter. "Okay. What proof are we looking at."

Price didn't bother explaining and just spoke again. "We know it's one of you! Reveal yourself and face the consequences!" He slammed his fist on the table and you flinched a little.

Keegan looked a little panicked but it want all that obvious and could easily be mistaken. You saw the look in his eye and gently squeezed his thigh. He looked as you and subtly shook his head

"It's me." You said and everyone looked at you. Keegan looked at you and his eyes were tearing up. "I'm the traitor." You said more firmly and squeezed keegans leg again.

Keegan and everyone else was staring at you, but keegans stare was different as if he were telling you not to do this through his eyes.

Price came over quickly and pressed your cheek into the table and motioned ghost to come over and he helped cuff you. "Y/n. You've named yourself the traitor. You'll face the consequences." Price growled and forced you to stand. "Keegan. take them down." He ordered and you were led from the room into one of the cells.

As you walked with him he seemed to try speaking to you multiple times but no words came out. Until you were sat on the cot in the cell and he stood just inside the doorway. "Why..... why did you put yourself in my place...." He said softly, watching you.

"Becuse I love you Keegan. That's why" you said and he turned away and closed the door.

"Thank you...."