Elena opened the antique box and grabbed one of the watches and began to give it a clean since dust had been collecting on them from being stored in boxes for years, "I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the Founder's Council for their heritage display."

Jenna noticed one of the pieces inside and picked it up to inspect it, "Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?"

"Yeah, it is, but, I think it was originally great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring." Hazel says as she looks at it closely, having recognised it from old family photos that dated way back.

Jeremy then walked over and picked up one of the items to look at it, "How much do you think this stuff is worth?" He asks, "You know, like on eBay?"

"You're not gonna find out." Hazel retorts with a small snort as she grabs it back from his hands.

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away." Jeremy points out as he walks over towards the kitchen.

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy." Elena replies with annoyance that her brother thinks that she would just give their stuff away.

The doorbell rings and Hazel walks over to open it since Elena was busy and Jenna was getting ready to go out for the day. She opens the door to see Stefan standing there and she blinks in surprise, "Hi." He says.

"Uh, hi." She replies awkwardly.

"Can we talk?" Stefan pleads her.

     Hazel stands there for a few moments contemplating whether she should let him in or not, but, the need for answers overtook everything else and she eventually nods and lets him in. Hazel steps aside and leads Stefan up to her room, taking a seat on her bed while Stefan took a seat at her desk.

     "What did you want to talk about?" Hazel asks nervously, playing with her fingers as she wasn't sure what to expect from this conversation.

"Uh, Damon told me about what he tried to do last night." Stefan says and Hazel raises her eyebrows, "And I came to apologise on his behalf, as well as mine for brushing you off last night after the fight."

Hazel still doesn't know what to make of what happened the night before, because she swore she saw his hand cut—but, maybe she did in fact imagine it all because it happened so fast. She realises she's being entirely too critical of Stefan and needs to give him the benefit of the doubt, "Thank you for coming to apologise but, you don't really need to. Damon's actions are his own and they have nothing to do with you." Hazel replies before taking in a deep breath to ask, "How do you look in a suit?"

Stefan looks confused by her change of heart as he replies, "I can pull one off."

"How about tomorrow night?" Hazel questions, "I want to get to know you better, so, will you be my date to the Founder's Party?"

Stefan's eyebrows raise, "They still do that?"

"Have you been before?"

Stefan shakes his head, "No, the Salvatores don't get invited anymore."

Hazel sighs, "Well, this year, there's this heritage project that meant a lot to my mom. She was really involved in the Founder's Council, and it was her favorite party. I know it sounds really boring, but—"