Chapter 11

Milly sat in the passenger seat besides Brian, Jack was in the back in his car seat. Brian revel the engine as the car in front of him drove off, He drove a about a metre before stopping again.

"Alright. We made it, Jack." Brian tells him as they came to a stop in front of his pre school.

"Yeah, we made it!" The 14-year-old cheers smiling back at Jack.

"Yeah, we made it." Jack claps

"I just gotta, find that door button." Brian says, looking to Milly for help, who shrugs "Buddy where's the door button at? Do you know?"

"Hey." A teacher smiles coming over

"Hey." Brian greets as she reaches in tapping the button on the roof. "Yeah, of course." Brian mutters "I'm new to this."

"Yeah, you don't seem like the minivan type." She says

"No, not exactly." Brian says as she takes Jack out his car seat.

"Hey buddy you didn't give me a high-five? Wait, wait, wait." Milly calls holding a hand out the window "High-five! All right! Yeah, buddy."

"Appreciate it, thank you." Brian says to her

"Don't worry, you'll get used to this in no time." She resumes before heading into the school

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of." Brian muttered

***

Milly sat with Jack on the front porch they were rolling cars along a parcel for Dom

"Alright buddy, we gotta go or we'll be late." Brian says picking up Jack "you good to go Mills."

"Let me just get my school bag."

"Okay." Brian nods turning to Jack. "What do you think? Parking brake slide right up to the school?"

"Where's mummy?" Jack asks

"I don't know. She's up there. She's coming."

"Dom, you have a package out here." Milly says as she passes Dom and Mia "From Tokyo."

"Tokyo?" Dom asks "What's Han trying, to convert me over to a turbo charger?"

"You ready?" Brian asks as Jack throws his car out the door "Hey buddy, cars don't fly."

"Hey, cars don't fly." Jack repeats

"This one did, huh?" Brian says handing it back to him

"Brian in a minivan." Dom comments "Things have changed."

"He's struggling, Dom. He doesn't want me to see it..." Mia begins "but the white picket fence is like an anchor for him. I can tell. I tried to talk to him the other night. Do you know what he said? He doesn't miss the girls. He doesn't miss the cars. He misses the bullets."

"Let him settle in." Dom says "Give him time."

"How does nine months sound?" Mia suggested as Milly walks back out the door.

"You're having another baby?" Milly asks "And you didn't tell him, did you?" She adds

"You gotta tell him." Dom say

"I don't want him to be disappointed with this life." Mia says "With me."

"He will never be disappointed with you.
You're the best thing that's ever happened to him." Dom says

"Thank you." Mia says hugging him

"Mil!" Jack calls, Milly looks over at him, and Smiles walking over, as Dom's phone begins ringing.