Chapter 6

Brian and Milly found themself watch Letty's funeral from a distance with other FBI agents, she had been killed in a car accident.

"We have gathered here to pay our final respects to our beloved Letty Let us reflect on her journey by the words of the Lord in psalm 12." The priest read out "The Lord is my shepherd, l shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me besides the still water."

"Facial recognition software matched Toretto about 10 minutes after he crossed the border." A agent said coming over to Brian and Milly, "l don't get it l thought he'd show."

***

"l'm almost done." Mia told Brian looking at her almost empty coffee cup. Brian, Milly and Mia were at a diner, Brian talking to Mia about the FBI's plan to catch Dom. "Why don't you tell me why you dragged me here, Brian?" Mia asks

"You know they're going to capture Dom. maybe worse." Brian warns her "I don't want you getting tangled up in this. So stay away from him."

"That's what you have to say to me after five years? You couldn't even talk to me when I watched Milly." Mia said a hint of anger in her voice, "All of a sudden,
you care what happens to me."

"What l did to you was wrong." Brian admitted "l'm sorry. lt was... lt was the hardest thing l've ever had to do."

"l'm sorry, too, Brian." Mia said "l'm so sorry that you had to come into my home and pretend to love me. l'm so sorry that you ripped my family apart. l'm very sorry that that was hard for you."

"l lied to you." Brian went on "l lied to Dom. l lied to everybody. That's what l do best. lt's why the Feds recruited me."

"Maybe you're lying to yourself." Mia tells Brian "Maybe you're not the good guy pretending to be a bad guy. Maybe you're the bad guy pretending to be the good guy. You ever think about that?" She asks

"Every day." Brian admitted, as Mia stood up.

"It was nice seeing you Mils." She tells Milly, before turning to leave, only to stop and walk back over. "l always wondered, why did you let my brother go that day?"

"l don't know." Brian admitted, Mia once again turned and left "Shit." Brian muttered

***

"Brian, if the FBI are looking for Dom again, dose that mean you have to leave?" Milly asked, they were lying on the couch watching a movie.

"It might just be one or two nights, but not a week or anything like that." Brian reassured "but we'll make it work I promise."

"Pinky promise?" Milly asked holding out her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise." Brian confirmed wrapping his finger around her, Milly satisfied with this answer turned back to the movie.

***

"ls this your way of keeping me away from him?" Mia asked walking in, Brian had rung her, and also asked her to bring Milly, because he promised he'd be away for only 1 or 2 nights.

"You're the only one l could call." Brian tells her, shutting the door behind them.

"He's my brother, of course." Mia said, walking over to Dom, who had been shot in the back of his shoulder. Mia removed the bandage before looking at the wound.

"The bullet's not in there." She tells him, beginning to pull things out a first aid kit.

"Dose it hurt?" Milly asked curiously, as she sat down besides her brother.