Chapter 8 - Camden

Everything is so loud.

The chatter from the students, the screams and reprimands from the teachers, the slamming of lockers, are all slowly killing me.

The bell rings and I pack up my things, Blake walking with me to my english class before saying his goodbyes and going in the opposite direction.

When I walk in, all eyes turn on me. This is what happened yesterday too, except then it was because I was new, now it's because people have seen or at least heard about Blake and Ryan getting into a fight with that guy last night. I sigh when I sit down.

Some of the rumors i've heard today are just insane.

"I heard they fought each other over her. I don't even see the appeal." Some girl snickers.

"It was brutal, blood everywhere. Teeth flying, everyone shouting. It was like a crime scene! She—I know this because I was there! Of course i'm telling the truth, Bethany!" Someone yells.

I roll my eyes.

"Man I bet that pussy is fantastic for those two manwhores to be fighting over it." A guy that sits near me says to his friend, with not-so-subtle glances at me — more specifically my body.

I'm about to yell at him when someone beats me to it. "The fuck do you guys think you are? Are you all so bored with your fucking pathetic lives that you have the need to be in other peoples business like this? Fuck off!" A girl that's sitting next to me shouts at the class.

Everyone gives her looks but ultimately turns back to their seat and stays somewhat silent.

I look at her with relief. "Thank you for that." I sincerely say.

She waves her hand in dismissal. "It's whatever. I couldn't stand everyone being such a jerk. Your life has nothing to do with them." She shrugs.

"Still. Not many people would do that for a person they don't know."

She sticks out her hand in greeting, "I'm Hannah." She smiles brightly.

Shes got waist length blonde hair with chocolate brown eyes and a goddamn gorgeous smile. She's sporting a white tank top and black jeans with a rip at the knee, and a pair on converse on her feet. She seems tall.

So basically, she's drop dead gorgeous.

I shake her hand. "I'm Camden." I smile back.

She snorts. "Yeah, knew that. Everyone knows you here, Cam. You're the talk of the school." She tells me.

I grimace. "I did not plan on, nor did I want to, be in the centre of attention. I was always invisible at school back home." I confess with a sheepish look on my face.

"Better get used to it, because this school is so boring, so people will run with this rumor for weeks."

"Great." I groan.

I'm about to ask her if she wants to hang out with me at lunch when the teacher walks in and starts the class.

**
Everyone stands to leave for lunch, and I have to shove my things in my bag and run to catch up to Hannah. I tug on her arm.

"Hey." I say when she stops and turns to me.

"What are you doing now? For lunch, I mean. Because I'd love if you sat with me, if you wanted. It'll be nice to have another girl around—one that can actually speak to me like a human." I say rapidly.

Am I being too obvious that I want to be her friend? Because I think i'm laying it on thick.

"Um.." She looks around.