Chapter 1 - Camden

I've only been in the states for 2 hours and i've had 3 problems already.

One being that the airport almost lost my luggage. I swear i felt my heart drop to my arse when i couldn't find my suitcases. Luckily, the staff found it; it was just "misplaced" they said. As if i believe that.

Two being the whole "i thought you were a boy" debacle that happened as soon as i got to my host family's house. That's not something an exchange student would want to hear, because again my heart dropped to my arse as i immediately started wondering if they will send me back to England, and if this had all of been for nothing.

Third being that i slipped in the shower while trying to wash out the plane on me. That has to be a world record. I mean who has that many problems in that short amount of time? not most people. It's not my best achievement as of right now though, seeing as i'm sporting a massive bruise on my leg from the fall.

Groaning as i dry myself off with the fluffiest towel i'll ever lay my hands on, i slip into a oversized tee with my black cargos from earlier, tying my damp hair into a messy bun and walking out of the bathroom i share with my host family's son: Blake Anderson.

When i first laid eyes on him, i was starstruck. I know this might be weird to say but he's the most gorgeous human being i'd ever seen.

He has dark brown hair that matches mine, but paired with the most vibrant green eyes. He's tanned, and oh so very muscular. I don't actually know how old he is but he can't be more than 2 years older than me, i'm sure of it.

He has this boyish, rugged look to him with a lopsided smile that looks playful no matter what he means it to be.

And the way he says my name..I felt that all the way down to my toes. I've never found an American accent to be attractive but the way he says words makes me want to get him to talk all the time.

I can't believe the first guy i've seen while here is hot, like how does that even happen? And I must live with him for a year? God must've listened to my constant prayers for a hot boy in my life because damn. Blake is scorching.

I walk in my room—which is about 2 times bigger than my room at home—and open my suitcase to start unpacking.

***

A knock sounds on the door.

"Come in," i say.

Blake enters my room wearing the black tee that fits him in just the right places, emphasising his muscles, with a pair of grey sweatpants and slides on his socked feet.

I want to climb him like a tree.

Woah there, i cannot be having these thought about the guy i need to live with for the next year. Clean mind, clean soul.

"hey Cam, dinner is ready, if you want to come downstairs? My mom says it's alright if you want to stay up here and get situated, but what she'd really want is to get to know you better. It's basically a test." he shrugs.

I glance at the clock on the wall. 6pm. Dang how long had i been busy unpacking my things that 4 hours had passed?

"Oh, well in that case I'll come down," i say as i stand from my spot on the floor and following Blake as he leads us to the kitchen.

The Anderson's have a lovely home.

Its a two-story brick house with amazing architectural features like all of the intricate designs etched into the skirting or the columns posted outside which enclose the front door.

As i follow Blake down the hallway, I look at all of the family pictures hung on the wall. Pictures of Julie, Blake, his dad—i'm guessing by how lovingly Julie is looking at him and the fact that Blake looks like a carbon copy of him—and another little girl. This must be who Julie was referring to when she said "I have another daughter for a year."