Mini-Awards WINNERS - Best Heartbreaking Chapter

🥇 1st place winner 🥇

Ancilla by SeraDrake

Emotional impact - 10/10

Character development: 10/10

Tension - 10/10

Resonance - 10/10

Narrative Significance - 10/10

Overall score: 50/50

This category is not called Best Heartbreaking Chapter for nothing, but I was not expecting to be in tears.

The author skillfully depicted what it is like to be heartbroken and to wake up on your own after a long period of time in the company of your partner.

It is not always about crying and not wanting to get out of bed; it is also about emotional pain, which can become physical.

While breakups are unique to each individual, this one hit close to home. I liked how the various stages of breakup were written; they made you feel Ancilla's pain and anguish.

The author managed to capture every single detail, such as the feelings one has after a breakup when one is suddenly alone and not waking up next to the loved one, the feelings one has when returning to places one used to go while in a relationship with said person, and so on.

🥇 1st place winner 🥇

Always Faithful by MDjarin17

Emotional impact - 10/10

Character development: 10/10

Tension - 10/10

Resonance - 10/10

Narrative Significance - 10/10

Overall score: 50/50

When I saw the Evanescence lyrics, I knew this chapter was going to be an emotional roller coaster. I initially assumed that the characters had broken up, but it was more than that.

This chapter had a huge impact on me because I am constantly thinking about what I would do if my husband died.

I believe this chapter is heartbreaking from three perspectives:

⋆ Firstly, the main character experiences the loss of a loved one.

⋆ Secondly, Lyla was suffering from being cheated on.

⋆ Thirdly, I believe Carter may have also suffered.

Back to Brian, I truly believed he was going to commit suicide. I am happy he didn't.

The Hot & Bothered AwardsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara