Mini-Awards WINNERS - Best Spicy Chapter

🥇 1st place winner 🥇

Ancilla by SeraDrake

Sensuality - 10/10

Emotion - 10/10

Realness - 20/20

Reader Engagement - 10/10

Overall score - 50/50

Where should I begin? Probably with saying that I spent some time trying to gather my thoughts so that I could put them on 'paper' because I believe this book is intended to make you feel rather than think—or at least in some parts.

And by "feel," I do not mean something sexual; I mean genuine, strong, raw emotions.

The 'spicy' chapter was divided into three parts, but you can not jump right to the one where the magic happens because every detail mentioned in the previous two chapters contributes to the tension.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a shift in power dynamics: the woman was now in charge, rather than the man. It felt more natural that way, at least in this chapter. And this could be attributed to what happened earlier and the discussion they had.

It gave me the impression that she lives more in the present, whereas he is preoccupied with future aspects. She seemed to want to show him that she was here now, and that was all that mattered, and that he did not have to fill his mind with things he could not control.

I may be overanalyzing this, and the author most likely did not consider it, but the entire chapter (all three parts) gave me the impression that, while he physically dominates her, she emotionally and spiritually dominates him.

The remaining prizes will be awarded after both the main awards and mini awards have concluded

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

🥇 1st place winner 🥇

Russian Roulette: Flashbacks by TheAlixDavenport

Sensuality - 10/10

Emotion - 10/10

Realness - 20/20

Reader Engagement - 10/10

Overall score - 50/50

This book never ceases to surprise me. I was unsure if I would enjoy this chapter, but I did. It contained everything I was looking for in a chapter like this.

Even from the beginning of the chapter, you can sense the characters' tension and longing. The tense atmosphere will gradually increase, and just when you think something is about to happen, the author will throw a bucket of ice-cold water over you.