[𝟔] 𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐦

"It's all clear" Bellamy stated, being the first one to walk out of the cave, making sure it was safe before Nova and Charlotte did. "Jones?!" Bellamy yelled.

"We're over here!" Someone yelled back in the distance as all three of them ran towards the sound. They eventually came face to face with some guys from camp.

"Where'd you go?" A guy from the group asked.

"Found some caves" Bellamy explained as Nova got nervous scanning the group of guys with her eyes, to find that Atom was missing.

"Where's Atom?" Nova trembled.

When no one said anything Nova grew even more nervous. Everyone began looking for him and Nova walked off with Charlotte to go look. All of a sudden Charlotte screamed causing Nova to turn around and...Atom. He was lying on the ground with blisters all over his body, eyes white and glossy.

Nova brung her hand up to her mouth, trying to resist crying. Bellamy came up from behind the two, a hand carefully placed on Charlotte's back as he noticed Atom.

"Damn it...Atom" Bellamy hurried over to his side and bent down. Atom was whimpering, barely alive as he looked up at Bellamy pleadingly.

"...ki-kill me..." Atom croaked out, causing a tear to run down Nova's rosy cheek.

"Everyone, go back to camp" Bellamy demanded. Everyone left, all except Charlotte and Nova. "Charlotte, Nova, you too" Charlotte then did what he said, but Nova stayed frozen, eyes glued to Atom. "Nova, go" Bellamy pleaded, his voice soft.

"I won't let you do this alone" Nova stated as she slowly walked over and bent down at Atom's other side. Atom's attention shifted to the brunette girl now at his side, his voice small as he spoke up.

"...Nova, please..."

More warm tears trickled down Nova's cheeks. "I'm so sorry..." She trembled in guilt.

If I would've just stopped and helped him. I could've saved him...

Suddenly a blonde haired person appeared in the distance, Nova's teary eyes causing her sight to be too blurry to see who it was. Only when she got closer, she noticed that it was her best friend. Nova was too out of it to say anything as Clarke bent down beside her.

Clarke glanced at Atom for a moment, before shaking her head at the two, telling them he couldn't be saved.

"Okay, I'm gonna help you, okay?" Clarke trembled, as she reached over and took Bellamy's knife out of his hand. She slowly caressed Atom's hair and hummed a melody as she did. She placed the knife just beside Atom's neck before slowly moving it inside.

Nova looked away, not being able to look.

Clarke kept humming the melody and caressing his hair for a while as the three of them sat there.

~

"Get Clarke whatever she needs" Bellamy demanded just as the three of them entered camp and Bellamy carefully lied down Atom's body on the hard ground.

Nova was standing beside Bellamy, just as Octavia exited the drop ship, heading where they stood. Nova and Bellamy immediately began panicking at the thought of Octavia seeing Atom.

Nova had heard a bit about their relationship, but not much. But she'd heard enough to know Octavia cared a lot about him.

"Octavia, just stay back" Bellamy tried, blocking her way.

"Stop, what are you doing?" Octavia tried getting past him.

"O, please" Bellamy tried again, but to no avail as Octavia moved past him.