[𝟏𝟏] 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐤𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐫𝐮

As Nova left her tent the following day, she got met by a fresh morning breeze against her skin. Yesterday's actions flooded her mind, unable to brush it off.

"Nova?"

Nova turned her head and came face to face with the one person she didn't want to talk to right now. Bellamy.

"Bellamy, I don't want to talk to you right now-"

"Nova, please let me explain-" Bellamy pleaded.

"No!" Nova snapped, "Bellamy, you tortured him!"

Bellamy let out a loud sigh, adverting his eyes to the ground.

"Okay?! That's why I don't want to talk to you" Nova ended her sentence and turned to walk away.

"Don't you see why I did it?!" Bellamy shouted, desperately. "I did it to protect Finn, John, Diggs, Roma and you! He knocked you out, Nova! How can you still be on his side?!-"

"I'm not on his side, but that wasn't who we are, Blake!" Nova screamed as she faced him again.

"Who we are and what we do to survive down here, are two very different things, Nova" He noted, his voice much softer than a second ago.

Nova couldn't seem to come up with a reply, simply just gazed at him.

"I have to get some air" Nova ended up replying, before heading straight for her tent, grabbing her bow and some arrows, and storming out of camp.

~

After Nova had been in the forest for a few hours, cooling off, she decided to go back. The only problem was...she couldn't find camp.

A panic rose inside her as she observed the enormous, now dark forest, with no idea how to get back.

"Okay...okay, Nova, calm down" Nova mumbled to herself in hope of soothing herself at least a bit. "Think, Nova, think!" She groaned as she tried her best to remember.

The sound of a branch breaking made her spin around in a hurry, pulling an arrow from her back and quickly placing it on her bow. Scanning the grounds around her, she couldn't see anyone. Until...a shadow appeared in the distance, but moving closer and closer by the second.

Nova's hands began shaking, but she stood her ground and held her bow high as the shadow moved closer.

When the shadow was no longer a shadow, but a visible person, Nova immediately noticed how the person seemed extremely familiar...and that's when she realised.

It was the grounder from camp.
How did he escape?

The grounder held up his hands in the air as he moved towards her.

"Who are you?" Nova asked, sternly. She kept her bow raised at the grounder in uncertainty of him.

"Lincoln kom Trikru. I mean no harm" Lincoln assured her, keeping his hands up.

"Why are you wearing that?" Nova asked, referring to the clothes he wore, which looked a lot like something the teenagers from camp would wear.

"Octavia" That was all Lincoln said, but Nova understood. "I promise not to hurt you. You're a friend of Octavia...and you protected me"

After Nova heard that, she slowly lowered her bow, but kept her eyes at him at all times.

"Thank you, Nova kom Skaikru" Lincoln thanked her as he dropped his hands. "I owe you"

Even though this was the first time she'd ever actually talked to him, she felt like she could trust him. Nova sent a small smile to him in return, and to her surprise, he smiled back at her.