[𝟓] 𝐟𝐨𝐠

The next morning Nova was woken up by Jasper's screams and moans of pain. She quickly sat up and was ready to go check up on him, but Clarke was already there.

"Can he just die already?" Someone shouted from the level under them.

"Don't listen to them, you're gonna get through this" Clarke whispered to Jasper while stroking his hair gently.

Wells suddenly appeared from the ladder. "How's he doing?" He asked.

"How does it look like he's doing, Wells?" Clarke sneered.

"Relax," Wells began. "I'm just trying to help"

Clarke let out an annoyed sigh. "Alright, you wanna help? Hold him down"

Wells did as she said, bending down and grabbed ahold of Jaspers legs.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" Nova asked as she saw Clarke heating a knife under a small fire.

"I'm going to cut away the infected flesh" Clarke explained. "Ready?" She asked the ones that was holding Jasper, and then she began cutting making Jasper cry out in pain.

Nova couldn't bear hearing him in so much pain, causing her to look away.

"Stop it!" Octavia yelled as she entered the floor. "You're killing him!"

"She's trying to safe his life" Finn stated.

"She can't" A deep voice said , coming from the ladder. Nova glanced to find Bellamy standing at floors entrance.

"Back off" Wells warned, standing up.

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods, to just let him die" Clarke sneered.

"Kids a goner. And if you can't see that you're deluded. He's making people crazy"

"Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't The Ark" Clarke began. "Down here every life matters"

"Take a look at him" Bellamy said. "He's a lost cause"

A silence filled the dark room. Nova glanced over at Jasper, and as much as Nova hated to say it, Bellamy was right. Jasper didn't look very good. But that wasn't gonna stop Nova from trying to save him.

"Octavia, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope" Clarke explained.

"This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices, I do. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself" Bellamy stated, making Nova's blood boil with rage as she stood up to face him.

"Oh no you won't, Blake" Nova growled, glaring up at him.

"I won't?" Bellamy smirked his usual smirk.

Nova and Bellamy kept staring at each other for a while, each waiting for the other one to back down. Eventually, Bellamy did.

"Octavia, we're leaving" Bellamy demanded.

"I'm staying here" Octavia stated, causing a smile to grow on Nova's face.

Bellamy glared at Nova one more time before leaving, Nova followed close by, having to get some fresh air.

She reached the outside and went straight for the forest, making sure to bring her bow if anything should happen.

As she walked peacefully through the beautiful forest, a scream suddenly pierced through the air, making Nova snap her head towards it. From her distance and what she could hear, it sounded like a kid. Nova quickly began running towards the sound, ending up face to face with Bellamy and his guys.