Chapter 11: Comfort and bonding

Start from the beginning

"I know, sweetie. But I promise, you won't regret opening the door." 

I grumble but unwrap myself from the blanket and get up. I trust Wanda, even if I have no idea how she knows it's gonna be good to open the door. I leave my phone on the coffee table and walk to the door, scraping together enough energy not to cry while ringing them in and waiting. When there's a knock at my door, I open it. 

I'm perplex to see Natasha standing in front of it. Before she can say anything, I throw myself into her arms and hug her tightly, burying my face in her neck. Her arms instantly wrap around me too and she cradles the back of my head. I don't know why she's here but I'm glad. Her arms mean safety and comfort. She lifts me up, just enough to get my feet off the ground and walk me back into my apartment. 

"Nat." I whisper and pull away to look at her, my vision a little blurry.

"Hey, darling. Wanda said you needed me?" She asks and smoothes a hand over my hair while kicking her shoes off. 

I've never seen her do that and it so doesn't fit her but when she also just throws her jacket to the side and pulls me back into her arms, I understand. It's just about getting out of the things as quickly as possible. 

I hug her again, feeling more tears welling up in my eyes. She doesn't hesitate to pick me up, placing her hands underneath my thighs. I am too caught up in my own feelings to be impressed with her strength. She carries me to the living room, after looking around for it. We settle on the couch and I continue burying my face in her neck, finding comfort in the warmth of her body and the fact that she is here. Nat leans forward to reach for my phone. I sniffle against her shoulder, allowing my feelings to take over because I am safe now and won't drown in them with Natasha here.

"I'm here now." She tells Wanda while softly rubbing her hand up and down my back. It's new because Natasha usually isn't so cuddly with me but right now I am so very glad to have her. 

"Still upset but I got her." She answers and kisses the top of my head, giving me a little butterfly despite all the other feelings inside of me.
Yeah, she got me. Natasha hums and then gently pulls my face from her shoulders and offers me my phone. I take it while she wipes a tear from my cheek, her action uncommonly gentle.

"Thank you." I whisper into my phone. I don't know how Wanda informed Nat but I am very glad about it now. 

Natasha and I get along really good and I can spend time with her alone but I didn't know if she was the right person to call for comfort. Apparently, Wanda knew better than me though and made sure Nat is here now. She knows what her wife is capable of and right now, I see it too. Nat's and my relationship is different to the one I have with Wanda. It was based on an emotional connection as well but not as deeply as with Wanda. Which might be another reason why I hesitated. 

"Anything for you." Wanda says softly. I still lean against Natasha for support, which she doesn't comment on and still has her arm around me. 

"I..." I trail off, not able to get the words out. But I don't have to.

"I know." Wanda assures me softly, making me smile through my tears. "Do you want me to stay on the phone?" 

I glance up at Natasha, who watches me. I smile again and shake my head.
"No, it's okay, you can enjoy your evening away. I think, we got this." And we do, I feel certain that Natasha will give me the comfort I'm seeking. 

"Okay. I'm still just a phone call away though, if you need me." She promises before we say goodbye and I end the call. I shift my positon, getting off Natasha's lap but staying close. For now, the tears are drying and I am more interested in learning what Wanda told Natasha.