Chapter 31-40

Chapter 31

After hanging up the phone, Ye Tianhui stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling window, silently looking at the scenery outside the window.

The view here is good, you can faintly see Victoria Harbor, the autumn wind blows, the sky is high and the sea is vast.

She thought that she liked it, the way he talked to her, and the ticking sound coming from distant London.

He also knows that he likes it.

Although some things are not stated explicitly, it seems that there is a tacit understanding secretly growing.

She couldn't help but think about Gu Shizhang over and over again.

Of course she understood that her good impression of him was not pure in itself, and she had hidden thoughts in her own mind.

Maybe the Gu Shizhang she saw was not the real Gu Shizhang. It was his disguise, and it was also an illusion she imagined after attaching the aura of the former emperor to him.

When she truly faced her heart, she knew that when she clutched her riding crop and galloped through the bright moon and white sand, she also had a feeling that was suppressed by her.

It's just that she made a choice in her previous life. Now that she has chosen, she is destined to give up something.

He is her giving up.

Ye Tianhui raised her hands and rubbed her face, telling herself not to think about it.

She couldn't dwell on it either.

She got up and went over, seeing that the sun was shining brightly outside, and for a moment she thought of distant London, where the drizzle was hazy.

She sighed softly, thinking about the good times. She was enjoying the sunshine that he couldn't enjoy, so why should she fall into this useless melancholy.

Immediately, she selected a book from her luggage, which was a book about foreign horse racing techniques. She also asked Tan Ma to place some dried fruit cakes for her in the garden, where she happened to have some snacks while reading.

The sunlight in the garden shines through the gaps between the sparse branches and leaves, falling on the wooden table and the pages of the book. Everything is quiet and beautiful.

She slowly peeled open a chestnut and ate it. As she was peeling, she felt the sound of footsteps coming from behind. It was the sound of a pair of leather shoes falling on the log path, light and regular.

She peeled the chestnut and put it in her mouth.

The figure walked behind her, and its elongated shadow fell on the pages of her book.

She looked at the shadow falling in front of her without raising her eyes. After eating the chestnuts, she wiped her hands and continued reading.

When she turned over a page of paper, a quiet voice came from above: "Do you like horses?"

Ye Tianhui turned over the page and said calmly: "Yes."

The person behind her was naturally Ye Lixuan.

Now that her identity is unknown, it is estimated that even if the Ye family has great curiosity, they will hide as long as possible, for fear of being involved in something.

Only Ye Lixuan seemed to be unable to suppress his curiosity at last.

Ye Lixuan walked to the wooden table and sat down.

Ye Tianhui then raised his eyes and looked over.

She had met him twice before, but at that time she didn't know that he was indeed her biological father, so her evaluation of him was naturally a little different.