"I'm sorry." Elena apologises again.

     "I know." Hazel offers her a smile before she notices something different about Elena, "Why aren't you in your uniform?"

     Elena's shoulders slump over and she puts her face in her hands, "God, I can't do it." She groans, "At practice, I was miserable." Elena used to love it, and she used to think it was fun, "And things are different this year. It feels like everything that used to matter, doesn't anymore."

     Hazel shrugged lazily, "I mean, they could matter again."

     "I doubt it." Elena says with a sigh as she sits up straighter, "I've accepted the fact that I'm a quitter. I quit."

     Hazel lets out a small laugh, "Okay. If you want to quit, I'll support it." She offered and Elena sends her an appreciative smile, "I'll even talk to Caroline for you."

Elena exhales knowing that was the part she was dreading the most, "You're the best."

     It was night time and everyone was at the school for a pep rally because the first game of the season was coming up

It was night time and everyone was at the school for a pep rally because the first game of the season was coming up. Caroline wasn't the happiest to see that Elena wasn't in her cheerleading uniform, but, after a long discussion with Hazel, the blonde understood and worked tirelessly to fix the placements of her team with a man down. Nonetheless, Hazel and Elena joined the rest of the students in the crowd for the pep rally prior to the game.

"Wait, wait, wait, Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait." Tanner started as soon as she reached the microphone on the podium to address the crowd of fired up students, "Let's be honest here. In the past, we used to let other teams come into our town and roll right over us!" The crowd booed and Tanner held up his hand, "But, that is about to change." He says and everyone cheers, "We've got some great new talent tonight starting on the offence, and I'm gonna tell you right now, it has been a long time since I have seen a kid like this with hands like these. Let's give it up for Stefan Salvatore!"

Everyone cheered for Stefan as he held up his hand to wave at everyone, however, he only kept his eyes on Hazel, who stood amongst her friends and her sister, clapping for him, "To those that have been waiting for us to put a check in the win column, I have only one thing to say to you... your Timberwolves are hungry—and the Central High Lions are what's for dinner!"

"This blows." Tyler complains to Matt, rolling his eyes, "He can't start the guy. He just got here."

     He can't stand listening to everyone cheer for the Salvatore kid and brown nose him, considering it was meant to be him that was receiving their cheers, and he walks over to Vicki, who turns to look at him with concern when she sees his expression, "Hey, babe. What's wrong?"

     "Nothing." Tyler replies shortly before his eyes squint when he notices someone in the distance, "Is that Jeremy?"

     Tyler storms over to the youngest Gilbert, who was enjoying a drink with some friends with a stolen bottle of bourbon while Vicki tried to stop him, "Wait, no! Ty! No. Leave him alone."