Natalie's Rescue

Dr. John didn't stay long. Just as he promised, he performed a few tests and movements to ensure that I was fully healed. I had even taken a moment to go to the restroom and freak out silently at the whole situation. Frustration evident on my face. How dare he not help me? Where is Natalie? Is she really alright or is James lying? What is with this man? 

   Soon enough, the doctor leaves. I discovered, through Dr. John's small talk, that I was in a small private practice, somehow on James' property. He took both Natalie and I back to his land and had us checked out. Natalie was being held in a room similar to my own. 

"Well, thankfully you're okay now. But we should get going." James flashed me a bitter smile, his anger still simmering under the surface. 

"N-Now? But where are we going?"

"Back to my home. Don't worry, a different room than you were in last time. Don't want you breaking anymore windows." James huffed, walking towards the door.

"Wait!" James looked back at me as I internally panic. I had to find a way to escape. Somehow. But I couldn't do that with this six foot freak in the room. "I-I need my clothes. Or at least clean ones." I gestured to my hospital nightgown. 

    James paused, looking me up and down with an emotion I couldn't quite place. He finally sighed, looking towards the door again. "Wait here." As he opened the door, I immediately noticed a stereotypical bodyguard standing outside the door, facing forward. James left, leaving little time to find an escape. I wracked my brain for any thoughts or ideas. There was a window, which I could use the chair to climb out of. But as I looked outside, there was a large, vast field before a forest entrance stood. I would have to run quick, and I wasn't that quick. But on the other hand, a bodyguard stood out in front of the door. I needed him to move before I could just escape. Ugh! 

    Wait! My parents! They'll be searching for me soon. Oh, I needed to get out of here and grab Natalie and call my paren- A sudden loud 'thud' was heard just outside my room's door. I held my breath. The door slowly opened with an audible creak. Natalie stood in the door's entrance with a proud smile. I barely noticed the large pipe in her hands. Where did she get that? A large bruise was on her left cheek, with another small cut just above her right eyebrow. 

  Natalie rushed in, closing the door behind her. She locked it before running towards me. I open my arms as we embraced. "Natalie! Are you okay?" We pulled away from our hug, holding onto each other's hands. 

"Pa-lease! I'm great. I mean, beside from the car crash, being kidnapped, and you know," Natalie counted out the incidents on her fingers, "From everything really. I'm great! Are you?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. But do you see what I mean? James really just kidnapped me!" I exclaimed. 

Natalie bit her lip for a moment, looking nervous, "Yeah, yeah. I see what you mean. I'm sorry. But I did hit him!" She smiled. 

"Oh! Lucky! How was it?!" I smiled back, before snapping out of it. As much as I wanted to hear this, I knew we had a limited time before James came back. "Wait, wait, wait. I really want to hear this, but James will be back any second! And my parents are probably freaking out right now."

"Yeah! Right! Sorry, sorry. Let's get out of here." Natalie nodded her head.

"We can use the window to escape. I'm assuming you knocked out the bodyguard with that pip-" I noticed her clothes. She wore a clean orange crop top over blue jeans and white sneakers. Where did she get those clothes? Did someone give them to her? But they fit perfectly. And they're definitely her style. She didn't seem to have any other bruises or cuts on her except the ones on her face. Something was off. 

"Uh, hey, Nat?"

"What?"

"Where did you get those clothes? You definitely weren't wearing that when we crashed." I made a mental note to apologize later about her car. 

  Natalie froze, her eyes wide as her smile faded into a frown. She didn't answer, just bitting her lip once more. Her pretty brown eyes dart to the floor. "Seriously? We have time to talk about my wardrobe change but not-"

"Natalie? What's going on?" I asked slowly. Something was wrong. It was just clothes, wasn't it? Why wasn't she answering? Natalie remained silent. 

  A loud knock at the room's door snapped us both out of our thoughts. We met eyes, holding both our breathes as the knocking continues. I can hear James sigh from the other side of the door. "Open up." He tiredly ordered. 

Natalie hesitated, looking at me with a sorrowful look. She slowly turned around and walked towards the door. "Nat! Nat! What are you doing?!" I whispered, alarmed. 

  Natalie gives me once last look of guilt before she unlocked the door, turning the silver knob to open it. James stood tall and proud, glancing once at Natalie before entering. He wastes no time and walks to me. I look between the two, my stomach sinking once more. Within his arms, he held a folded pair of jeans, a shirt, and a pair of black sneakers on top of the folded clothes. 

"What's going on?" I look at Natalie, "Nat?"

James slowly smiled, making me nauseous, "Belle, meet my sister, Natalie."