15

Andy sank onto the floorboards gently. She was in shock. She couldn't feel anything. Her body shook.
"I- Henley... I'm so... so sorry... I-" she whispered, her voice cracking severely.
She stopped suddenly.

"I have to tell Celeste. She'll understand." But Andy's eyes welled with tears again. What if she didn't understand? What if she was scared of her? But it was an accident. But... she killed someone. She slowly stood up.

What if she said she found her like this? No.... her throat was dry, her hands shook. She couldn't breathe properly. She tried sucking in but her breath got caught. She tried to scream but she couldn't. Her head was spinning. She looked up at the light bulb, it shone too brightly. Tears obstructed her vision, as she tucked her arms into her body and hugged herself, her head tucked in too.

I have to tell Celeste. It doesn't matter. She must understand... I hope she does..

Andy straightened out a bit, and took in a shallow breath, and wheezed slightly. She started walking in the direction of the girls dorm. Then all of a sudden she started running and then sprinting, tears streaming down her face. Once she got to the dorm, she peaked her head around the door.

"Hey Andy! Andy...? Are you okay??" Celeste ran over to her and took her hands. They sat down on the ground. No one else was there.
"Andy you can talk to me. You can tell me anything. What happened?" She said softly.
"I-" Andy started to speak but burst out crying again.

"I'm so sorry! I know you'll hate me after this... I'm.. so so sorry. But... I killed Henley!! I pushed her down the stairs!! She said she'd blackmail me and I got so... so angry..!" She spluttered. Celeste's face changed.

Andy couldn't look her in the eyes.
"I...I'm so sorry.. it was an accident. I swear..!" She tried to explain, but the tears couldn't stop. She looked up.
"C-Celeste...?"

Celeste was staring past Andy's head into space. Andy immediately started panicking again.
"I- I shouldn't have said anything- I'm so sorry!! What have I done...?!" She started, but Celeste stopped her.

"I..."
Andy waited, hoping. She wiped her tears away with her sleeve.
"Andy.."

Just hearing her name, Andy started crying again. But Celeste hugged her slowly and whispered in her ear.
"It's okay... well, it's not." They broke apart gently.
"I'm not sure what to say. But,"

Andy leaned in gently.
"But, I am here for you. What you did... it's alright. Well. No. But, I am here for you. We'll set this right... but, for now. I don't know what to do." Celeste said.

"That's understandable.." Andy whispered.
"I'm sorry... I never meant to do it-"
"I know."
"I just was so pissed off..."
"I know."
"I- I genuinely would never do such a thing..!"

Before Andy could say anything else, Celeste Hugged her again.
"You.... you won't leave me... right?" Andy's voice shook.
"No. You need me right now. We're going to get this sorted."

Andy hugged her tight. Celeste hugged her back but was more limp. What was going to happen to Andy?