10 - Merritt Ashton's POV

Roxy, our lovely tour guide was lying down in front of us with her head bashed in by a blunt force. Everyone was panicking.
Right now, someone was dead and 20 minutes before, everything was fine. Everything was more than fine. Ezra was in a good mood and we didn't have to watch the students that much today, had dinner and then resulted in, well.. a pastime.

But now. Someone was dead.

Ezra Yonah's POV

What the actual fuck is going on. This is not what I signed up for as a teacher. A bloody bashed in brain and just 15 minutes before everything was fantastic. We were preoccupied... and now, this.

"Okay... we need to calm down.." Merritt tried to get everyone to shut up.
"Quiet down..." he tried again.
"Okay, shut the fuck up! Stop screaming! Call the fucking police!!" He yelled. Never knew he was the swearing type of guy. That was always me. I got butterflies from it. I think.

Kiara and Luna scuttled to the front desk to call 999 while Jorge went to check the backstage.
"Alright. We can't let anyone in or out of here." Sasha said, going into action. He went straight to the front door of the entire theatre and locked it.
"The police can kick it down for all I care I am NOT letting ANYONE out of here!!" Sasha yelled louder.

The students had quieted down a bit but were still in severe shock. Merritt had brought them over to some of the seats in the nearest aisle and got them to sit down. Another worker brought in water for everyone.

"What's gonna happen...?" One of the girls, Jazzie, asked.
"We're probably gonna he kept here until the police leave.. we aren't sure if Roxy was murdered yet, it could've been.." Celeste started to rant on, then she stopped. She looked up at the stage where Roxy's body was.

"Look!" She cried. She pointed to near the left-center side of the stage on the floor.
A sandbag that seemed to have a red like liquid spattered over it lay on the floorboards.

"A sandbag must've fallen..." Merritt mumbled.
"Probably wasn't tied up correctly.."

About an hour later, after the police were finished questioning the workers and us, they said they would rule it as an accident but they were still suspicious. They first needed the results back from the lab to see any DNA. We were told to go back to our rooms for the night, and lock the doors.

I sat down on the double bed.
"That.. was an eventful night." Merritt said slowly as he closed and locked the door of our room. To be honest, and I'd say anyone would feel the same in this situation, at that moment in time I didn't feel safe with the person in my room. I knew he couldn't have hurt someone. And we didn't even know if she was killed yet or not, but I still felt worried deep down.

He looked at me through his ginger hair falling in front of his eyes.
"It's fair to feel scared. I understand. But in defense we don't know if it was homocide yet." He sat next to me on the bed, like he read my thoughts. He looked at the far wall.

"At least earlier was fun." He looked back at me and tried to smile. I tried to too but my smile wavered and then fell completely.

"We'll get through this." He said.
"Yeah." I replied dryly.
"We should probably sleep.." I said. Merritt looked disappointed.
"What?"

"So you're expecting me to forget about everything that happened... earlier?" He asked me.
"I- well.." I shifted uncomfortably.
"It was great." I said, then turned over.
"Just great?" He asked, I could basically HEAR him smiling through his words.

"Ah fuck..." I muttered.
"Gladly." He replied. I was still facing away from him. I froze. I started to burn up a lot. I turned to him.
"I-You KNOW I didn't mean that... someone's dead. We need to be respectful..." I mumbled, knowing this is the complete opposite of what I'd normally think.

"Fair enough." Merritt said and he turned over. There was a silence.

"But maybe after this is all over... or maybe tomorrow." I said, quietly. I heard his laugh gently. I smiled.