"Psst...!" London heard a noise from the desk beside him. He didn't make friends in his classes. He didn't have time. He looked over to see a girl with dark chestnut brown hair.

"Hey! The names Andy! I overheard you and your friends talking about an.. invitation. I got one too!" She whispered, showing London the invite from underneath her desk.

London squinted at it.
"Yeah. We got the same one."
"Are you thinking of going?" She asked.

London hesitated.
"No. Looks too weird and sketchy. I don't wanna be killed."

Andy frowned.
"I heard the janitor put it in our lockers. We were picked randomly from a hat." She said.

"Excuse me you two at the back of the room,  stop talking in my class!" The teacher shouted from the front. London and Andy sat up straight and faced forward.

Once the teacher looked away, London turned back to her.
"He did?" He asked. Andy nodded.
"Right.. well thank you for telling me what you know. Oh, also I'll add you to our group chat we made."

Andy gave him the thumbs up and returned to her work.

After class, London added Andy to the group. He opened it.

Elvio: Sam also got an invite so I added him

London added Andy

Andy: Hey, I also got 1
Blue: Hey Andy.
Henley: Whos thinking of going tmrw?
Elvio: Me!
Jazzie: 👍
Sam: Fuck yea
Andy: sure
Blue: I'm prolly gonna go 2.
Celeste: Not sure yet. Will confirm l8ter
London: no.
Blue: cmon London, it looks sick
Andy: turns out the janitor put the invites in our lockers. We had been picked out of a hat by random. Principal did it. I asked him.
Sam: but y?
Andy: idk. We're probably the first group of ppl going. There's gonna be more I think. It's a fun school tour thing. We stay over for a week there.
Henley: a week?!???!!!?!!
Jazzie: week?????
Elvio: awesome!! Missing school!
Andy: that's great actually. I've always wanted to go to this theatre. I run the drama club
Henley: Dont give a shit rn, WHAT AM I GONNA PACK??
Blue: let's get home and start packing ig! I bet there'll be a bus or smth
Elvio: why do u think they didn't tell us?
Celeste: It's probably meant to be a surprise.
Henley: no shit
Jazzie: yep. No shit four eyes
Henley: that's a good one. Ima change ur name to that
Celeste: 🙄
Henley: anyone who uses that emoji is so gay
Celeste: so what?
Henley: huh?
Celeste: What's wrong with gay people?
Henley: nothing
Celeste: Thought so.
Blue: guys just stop 💀
Elvio: I'm already nearly at home.
Henley: I know..
Elvio: I wonder how you know? 😏
Henley: probably because I'm right beside u rn in the taxi 😏😏😘
Sam: stop flirting, it's making me sick
Andy: fr.

London put his phone in his pocket, ignoring the pinging messages.
He was sure he wouldn't go. Even if it IS a school trip, he didn't want to stay a week at some old creepy theatre. He'd have to leave his dog too, Noel.
Deep down he knew he kind of wanted to go. He loved theatre. His dog was literally named after Noel Gruber from Ride The Cyclone, but he couldn't go. The real reason he didn't want to go was because Elvio was gonna be there. And the others. He didn't mind Blue, but he hadn't ever met Andy or Celeste, Henley will probably just be all over Elvio, Sam he heard was really loud. He hadn't even heard of Jazzie until today.

He sighed.
Let's just get home, he thought.