7 - Blue's POV

We woke up early the next morning. I stretched and got out of the bunk.
We got changed and waited for the girls to get finished changing.
I looked over at Sam chatting away to Elvio about the steamy session last night with Henley.

"...yeah, and then she took off her... *whispers*... YEAH I KNOW RIGHT?? And THEN she..."
Sam and Elvio whispered to eachother.

I looked at London who was already looking at me with a pissed off expression.
"Hey, I saw the way you were looking at Andy last night. Do you like her?" I asked him. He looked alarmed at me.

"I- no I don't! We just chatted about her hobbies for a minute or something outside the bathroom.." he said.
I raised an eyebrow.
"Really? Or did you do something else... you were gone for a while." I said, grinning.

"Hell no Blue! I just chatted to her! I don't like her." He said, but looked away a little too quickly.

"Suit yourself." I shrugged.

Once The girls finished changing we went downstairs to get breakfast snacks and to start the tour.
Roxy brought us around the backstage areas and showed us how the flies worked and the sound effects. She even brought us around the costume department.

"This week actually, we will be putting on a show! Romeo and Juliet is to be performed onstage in 3 nights, and we decided we'd give you free tickets! You can meet the actors too on the performance day." She announced.

Celeste and Andy squealed happily. We all looked at eachother excitedly. Even Henley looked slightly interested.

"We're gonna have a test run of the lights and the sound today so you can see how it works, maybe even fiddle with it a bit." Roxy told us.
Just then, the doors to the theatre opened and in came 2 men.

"This is Sasha and Jorge. They work on the sound system, and up there," she pointed.
"Is Kiara and Emma. They work on the lights. There are quite a few others involved in making this production come to life too but these guys are the mains. I'm going to assign you to either sound, lights or the wings and you'll meet someone working with it who will teach you how it works!" She continued.

She pointed at me, London and Jazzie to go work at the wings, Celeste, Andy and Henley to work on the sound and Sam and Elvio to work on the lights. Mr Ashton went with Sam and Elvio and Mr Yonah went with Celeste, Andy and Henley.

London, Jazzie and I followed Roxy to the right hand side of the stage where we met Luna Ryan who helps with the flies.

"Hey guys!" She had a Scottish accent.
"I'm gonna tell you some important things before I continue. Fire safety is first. If you have a lighter on you, I'm gonna ask you to bin it. Any tiny spark can set the curtains on fire. Anything sharp should be put away. There are a lot of ropes on the ground, if you trip and fall that could result in serious injury. There are a lot of danger hazards onstage." Luna explained.

The three of us listened very closely.

"Some really cool theatre superstitions can also come in handy when it comes to danger hazards. Whistling onstage, backstage or near the stage is considered terrible luck and is very dangerous. A while back, theatres had sailors come in to work on the flies. They communicated in noises like whistling. If you whistled onstage, it could lead to being crushed by a piece of scenery or a sandbag that someone thought they were meant to drop on the sign." She continued.

London and I looked at eachother, kind of spooked out about this new information.

"Some other superstitions included wearing blue onstage was bad luck, because it was the most expensive fabric-" she eyed my zip up hoodie that was a dark royal blue. I took it off immediately and threw it to the side. She laughed a bit.

"Ladders, mirrors, peacock feathers, real jewelry and real money weren't allowed on stage. Also considered bad luck. You weren't supposed to give actors flowers before a show and you always had to say break a leg instead of good luck. The ol' superstition was that there were evil spirits onstage that would make everything said to the actors go the opposite way, so if someone said good luck, the show would go very badly."

"And then of course, one of the spookiest superstitions was to NOT say the cursed Scottish play's name onstage or near a stage. There have been recorded deaths of people who said it onstage."

"What was the Scottish play's name?" I asked. She smiled.
"My dear I cannot say because we are onstage right now! But I shall write it down for you later."
She started to show us how the ropes worked and which ones connected to which sandbags and scenery pieces.

We spent 4 hours at the stage, rotating from the wings, to the sound workers and then the lights. It was very interesting but working the flies was my favourite part. All the superstitions still spooked me out though.

We all headed out to dinner again in the same place. Same things happened, Henley and Elvio swooning over eachother. We got back to the theatre after dinner.

"That was a seriously tiring day I can't lie." Celeste said to everyone, when we were back in our room.
"Real." Andy said. They smiled at eachother.

I looked at London.
"Do you think there's something going on between Andy and Celeste?" I mumbled under my breath to him. He looked at me.

"Possibly." He answered. He just stared at them.
"Oooh is someone jealous..?" I teased. He went kind of red.
"Fuck no. Don't be an asshat, Blue. I'm not jealous."
"Do you think they're sneaking out to, you know what, with eachother? Like Elvio and Henley?" I asked him. He paused.

"No." London answered. I rolled my eyes.
"It's impossible to get anything out of you mate."
He nodded, seemingly in a trance.

I sighed frustratedly.