- T h i r t y -

November 30th

Maddie's POV:

It's been roughly two weeks since I saw Billie. I meant everything I said, there's no reason to string me along. She broke up with me, so that's how it has to be now.

I was sad the first couple of days because she gave me false hope, but life doesn't stop just because I'm sad. I've had back-to-back meetings, planned YouTube videos, and spent a significant amount of time with Holden.

I feel terrible for Holden, he's a great person and I'm terrible. I didn't want to try anything with him because Billie was in my ear telling me that she wanted to work it out and I didn't want to egg Holden on. Her words never matched her actions. At all.

Tonight I have an event to attend, and Holden is coming with me so I won't go alone. Claudia was supposed to go, but Finneas is out of town doing press, and she couldn't find a dog sitter.

Holden is picking me up in about 30 minutes, Claudia does feel bad about not being able to go. I still see Claudia for our podcast and everything, but of course, people are talking about it. How I still have a podcast with my ex-fiancee brother's girlfriend, but she was my friend. She is my friend. Nothing is weird between us.

I was brushing my hair and my phone started ringing.

Incoming FaceTime Call from: Clauds

Maddie: "Hellooo."

Claudia: "Oh the dress is giving girl." She took a FaceTime photo as I did a little spin for her.

Claudia: "How's your day been?"

Maddie: "It was good, met with my manager early this morning, and set some goals and things."

Claudia: "I was sitting back and thinking about you, I just had to let you know that you are the most resilient person I have ever met. You don't back down to any struggles or challenges that you encounter. I love you so much."

If I didn't just do my makeup I would be sobbing.

Maddie: "I needed to hear that Claudia. Thank you."

Claudia: "Losing what may have been the love of your life while being one of the most famous influencers right now, cannot be easy. I just needed you to know that I see you and I see you trying. It's nothing but admirable."

Maddie: "Can I ask you something?"

Claudia: "Of course."

Maddie: "Did you know that Billie had been coming to see me?"

Claudia: "Like recently?"

Maddie: "Yeah."

Claudia: "She mentioned it, yeah."

I just nodded.

Claudia: "Why do you ask?"

I shrug, "I don't know, I just don't get why she would come to see me if she's dating someone. And why come see me when you broke up with me to be with that other person?"

Claudia shrugged as well.

I was finishing the final touches and I heard the front door open.

Holden: "Maddie!"

Maddie: "Glam! I gotta go Holden's here." I kissed the camera.

Claudia: "Bye, have fun, be safe, love you."

Maddie: "Love you too, bye."

Call ended.

Holden walks into the room and of course, Ilo is at his feet. Milo was sleeping on the couch behind me, Holden bent down to hug me, and the hug lingered a little longer than normal.