- S e v e n t e e n -

October 9th

Billie's POV:

I've been working nonstop, pushing out music, finalizing shit so I can be done with this album. I cannot wait for this shit to be done so I can move on with my life. I love music more than anything, but when I'm forced to make it, it just loses all value really.

Maddie's in New York with Holden for about a week, and I'm glad she's away. The fact I read her journal is creeping up on me more and more, I know I need to tell her, I'm just not sure how to go about it. No matter what or how I word it, I broke her trust and I'm just going to have to live with that.

Finneas and I are on the way back to Maddie's house to use the recording studio there.

Finneas: "Have you told Maddie about the journal?"

Billie: "Nope."

Finneas: "You need to."

Billie: "I know, I just don't know how I would tell her."

Finneas: "You just need to be upright and do it."

Billie: "I know that too."

We get to the house and start touching up a song we recorded a week ago. Finneas is doing all the work really, I'm just sitting there playing with the dogs.

I ended up cuddling with Ilo on the loveseat and my phone started ringing.

Incoming call from: Jack (Record Label)

Billie: "Hello."

Jack: "Billie! How are you doing today?"

Billie: "Fine."

Jack: "Not gonna ask me how I'm doing?"

I didn't say anything.

Jack: "Well I have some news."

Billie: "What?"

Jack: "Well the label was looking at areas to make profit. And we think that it's a good idea for you to be in a public relationship with Jesse Rutherford."

I dropped the phone and Finneas turned around.

Jack: "Billie?"

I picked the phone up and put it on speaker.

Billie: "Are you actually fucking insane?"

Jack: "It would bring in a lot of revenue."

Billie: "You do realize that I'm already in a relationship right? And you realize that I am publicly engaged with a wedding on the way right?"

Jack: "I do see that, yes."

Billie: "This isn't gonna help my career at all, and it's gonna hurt Maddie's career. But y'all don't care about that do you?"

Jack: "Maddie's career isn't the biggest thing on our plates right now as we do not manage her. But for you, however, this will bring significant news coverage to you and people will listen to the album."

Billie: "People are going to listen to the album regardless of who I'm dating."

Jack: "We need projected numbers. We need better than the first time."

Billie: "Nothing will ever be better than my first album. You guys said that yourself."

Jack: "Well we do think that. But we can still try."

Billie: "Why risk everything that I have for something that's not even going to work?"

Jack: "How do you know that it's not going to work?"