- F i v e -

August 22nd

Billie's POV:

I've had the day off today and today has felt longer than any day I've ever had. Maddie and I finally picked a wedding planner and we got the opportunity to start planning, and the tedious things need to get picked and chosen. It's just stupid shit that I don't really care about.

I want to marry Maddie and I want the wedding to be over with, I understand why Maddie suggested moving it back or waiting until I have made a little progress on my album, but I don't care about the album, I just want to marry Maddie because that'll make me happy.

We decided on Monica, she was really nice and her vibe is cool and she specializes in same-sex marriage which I didn't even know wedding planners did, but she's great.

But it's always something because Maddie and I can't decide where we want the wedding, we don't want in California obviously, and New York is done too, we've been there too much, yeah I've traveled the world with Maddie twice but we just can't come to a conclusion, and she doesn't want Paris either because that's 'corny' her words, not mine.

I'm sitting with Kenzie now, and of course, it's awkward silence. I hate that, but I just don't have anything to say to her, and I think she feels the same way about me honestly, she never sees me anymore.

Kenzie: "Billie can I ask you something?"

Billie: "Uh, sure."

Kenzie: "Has Maddie been acting... weird?"

Billie: "What do you mean?"

No way she knows.

Kenzie: "It's just like she doesn't talk to me anymore, she and I used to be besties and now it literally just feels like I'm her stylist, not even her manager because since her career is online now, she doesn't need me it feels like."

I don't know what to say.

Billie: "I mean, I'm not sure, as shitty as this sounds, I don't even see Maddie honestly, I'm making an album 5 days a week for 12 hours, so I see Maddie for like 10 minutes every day. I hate that, but I haven't had the time to notice if she's been acting weird."

Kenzie nodded at me and looked down at her feet, I never noticed that Kenzie noticed. I never knew.

I excused myself and went to go find Maddie, she left to go take a phone call but she never came back. I walked into the glam room and she was sitting on the couch, she let out a sigh as I walked in.

Billie: "What's up?" I sat down by her and she rested her legs over mine.

Maddie: "Well you know Abby?"

Billie: "Vaguely."

Maddie: "The girl that was going to replace Kenzie."

Billie: "Oh oh, yes."

Maddie: "Well she got an offer to start being the manager of some TikToker immediately and she took it because she needed a job and she couldn't wait around for me to grow the balls to fire Kenzie."

Billie: "Well Kenzie knows so."

Maddie: "WHAT?"

Billie: "She asked me if you've been acting weird and I just told her if you have, I haven't noticed because I'm never here anymore."

Maddie looked down.

Billie: "I mean you might as well just tell her, she knows you're acting weird, she can sense that something happened. There is absolutely no reason to keep this going now."

Maddie: "I don't have a manager on standby anymore."

Billie: "Kenzie literally said that it feels like she's not even your manager anymore because your career is social media right now and you can do that yourself."