- T w e n t y -

October 17th

Maddie's POV:

I've been back home for three days now, Billie has moved out and I am miserable. I know she was always busy but now that she's really never here. I've never been more lonely.

I am shooting for Vogue today and that's exciting. I did the fitting yesterday and packed the outfits too, just to get it over with. I haven't unpacked from New York and I haven't even gone upstairs yet. I know the studio and the bedroom are damn near empty, I don't think I can face it yet.

Via Instagram: 

Liked by: photosbyholden, claudiasulewski, and 9,252,746 others

madisonvoyage: massive things today!

*Comments have been turned off*

I lay on my couch until I absolutely have to get ready to go, my outfit and everything is already at the studio, all I have to do is shower, and eat something. I walk over to the door to where my suitcase has been since I got back and I see Billie's key sitting on the table.

I just put the key in the drawer and keep moving.

I take my suitcase into the glam room and I shower using that bathroom. I started doing my skincare but I remembered that I ran out of my moisturizer and the backup is in my bathroom.

There are PR packages in here and I'm sure one of them has some moisturizer. I want my moisturizer though. I sigh, I mean how long could I avoid my bedroom? I live here.

I open the door, and the room is spotless and damn near empty. The bed is made and the other nightstand is completely blank. I don't want to wallow in my sadness in here, so I go straight to the bathroom to get what I came for.

On my way out though, I see a singular hoodie sitting at the edge of the bed. I walk over to it and unfold it. The first hoodie that Billie ever gave me. As it's unfolding, a note falls out.

It felt weird to take this. It doesn't feel like mine anymore. Keep it, burn it. Whatever you want, it's yours. 

I shove it in a drawer, a drawer that used to be Billie's which is now empty.

Since I'm already in here, I unpack a little bit.

...

I'm trying really hard to not be sad because my career is finally back on the right track, but it's hard to be happy when the love of my life just left me to go mingle with a 30-year-old man. I just don't understand how she could do that. Why sit here and reassure me about literally getting married if you're over here cupcaking with an elder? 

Nothing makes sense to me, nothing at all. I just feel blindsided by the whole thing. I never even saw that coming, and with the conversation that Jesse and I had, he knew we were engaged. As much as that man is disliked, he's not malicious at all. So I don't know what to think.