- E i g h t e e n -

October 12th.

Maddie's POV:

I've been having a blast with Holden in New York. It's really relaxing because we're away from work and away from the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives. He's been taking me to all his favorite cafes, sights, and thrift shops. New York really is the city that never sleeps, We'll be at the hotel for an hour and then suddenly he has a new spot to show me.

The photography seminar thing that he wanted to bring me to, has been phenomenal. Even though I'm not a photographer I do make YouTube videos, and I've never taken a class on editing or anything like that. But this has truly been eye-opening, and I can see why this is Holden's passion, this is so much fun.

Holden's old college professor organized this whole thing and it's amazing I can't say that enough.

We waited for the seminar to wrap up and Holden couldn't wait to introduce to me his professor. We waited for the room to clear out before we headed up to the stage area.

"Well, if it isn't Holden." His voice is a little different when he's not speaking into a microphone.

Holden: "Professor Delliverneri."

Delliverneri: "Please, call me Tom."

His attention went over to me.

Tom: "And this must be Maddie." He stuck his hand out to shake mine.

Maddie: "I am Maddie." I laugh.

Tom: "I thought Holden was exaggerating like he always does, but you really are as beautiful as he said."

Holden: "Okay okay." Holden laughed.

Tom: "You guys look lovely together."

Holden: "We're not together, I work for her."

They exchanged a look that I couldn't recognize.

Tom: "Well, I trained Holden, he's a great photographer, you lucked out with him." 

Tom: "Are you guys coming back tomorrow?"

I looked at Holden.

Holden: "Wouldn't miss it, Tom."

Tom smiled.

...

We travel the city for a few hours after we leave, and we end up at the hotel. We were there for about an hour before we got bored. We ended up at the hotel's hot tub. It's too cold to swim and I really want to, I will be swimming when I go back home. I never use my pool and it feels like a waste.

Via Instagram: 

Liked by: billieeilish, photosbyholden, and 14,415,536 others

madisonvoyage: missing my pool a lil extra today.