Chapter 46: Christmas at Grimmauld Place

Start from the beginning

Harry hummed, lost in his thoughts "your father is evil"

"No comments"

Around six o'clock, the doorbell rang, and Mrs. Black started screaming again.

Harry, with his hand under Celestia's bra, was taken aback as someone hammered hard on the door a few minutes later. The kids seemed to be ignoring Harry, and Celestia didn't get along with anyone present in the house.

Harry got up, straightening his pants to look decent, while Celestia chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, pulling open the door. "I thought you were skiing with your parents?" In walked Hermione Granger, her bushy hair adorned with snowflakes.

"Well, to tell the truth, skiing's not really my thing," Hermione said. "So, I've come here for Christmas." Her face was pink with cold. "But don't tell Ron. I told him skiing's really good because he kept laughing so much. Mum and Dad are a bit disappointed, but I've told them that everyone serious about the exams is staying at Hogwarts to study. They want me to do well, they'll understand. Anyway," she said briskly, "Hello, Celestia, how are you?"

Celestia sat up, smiling politely. "Good, good. Just arrived this morning"

"Who lit the fire here?" asked Hermione, staring at the blazing fire in the corner.

"Mrs Weasley did, charming woman," Celestia answered as Hermione settled on Ron's bed.

"Well, Ron and Ginny are standing outside and wondering whether they can come in," Hermione asked awkwardly, causing Celestia to burst out laughing.

"Is Ron scared of me?" Celestia asked. "It's his room too, he can come in"

Harry peeked through the doorframe and gestured to come in. Soon, Ron and Ginny entered the room, Ginny holding a tray filled with Sandwiches, avoiding Celestia's gaze as they settled on Ron's bed.

"I came on the Knight Bus," said Hermione airily, pulling off her jacket before anyone had time to speak. "Dumbledore told me what had happened first thing this morning, but I had to wait for term to end officially before setting off. Umbridge is already livid that you lot disappeared right under her nose, even though Dumbledore told her Mr. Weasley was in St. Mungo's and he'd given you all permission to visit. So-"

"Yeah, I saw that," Celestia said excitedly. "Did you hear McGonagall and Umbridge arguing over the breakfast table? Our girl slayed."

Hermione laughed.

"Our girl?" Ginny asked.

"She is talking about McGonagall," Hermione said, amused. "And yes, she slayed."

As they settled in Ron's bed, Celestia sat lazily on Harry's, the two girls and Ron all looked up at Harry who was walking around the room.

"How're you feeling?" asked Hermione.

"Fine," said Harry stiffly.

"Oh, don't lie, Harry," Hermione said impatiently. "Ron and Ginny say you've been hiding from everyone since you got back from St Mungo's."

"They do, do they?" said Harry, glaring at Ron and Ginny. Ron looked down at his feet but Ginny seemed quite unabashed.

Celestia patted Harry's back soothingly.

"Well, you have!" Ginny said. "And you won't look at any of us!'

"It's you lot who won't look at me!" said Harry angrily.

"Maybe you're taking it in turns to look, and keep missing each other," suggested Hermione, the corners of her mouth twitching.

"Very funny," snapped Harry, turning away.