Chapter 27

"How is she?"

"A little shaken up but so far she's fine. She went to clear her head at the beach outside the Cave."

"Can't say I'm surprised she was that stressed out. Especially when someone gave the final blow to her sanity." Aisha snidely commented, her eyes darting to Zatanna. And to their- the ultras and Winx's- shock, Flora, the shy and quiet pacifist fairy of nature, was the one to chew out the sorceress supreme.

"Wasn't it enough that you tormented her? You had no right to say that about her powers when you don't know anything about Chiara except what you want to believe." Flora scolded making Zatanna shrink in herself. Seeing this, the Team took pity on her and tried to defuse the situation.

"Hey now, she's still sick. Why don't you take it easy and cut her some sla-" Wally tried saying but was silenced by Flora's furious glare. Even the Winx took a step back. After everything they've seen, they never thought they would witness two of the most calmest and mature people in their group snap and bare their fangs today.

"Chiara got hurt a lot on missions when she was with you people and needed rest. Yet that didn't stop you from blaming her even when she was lying on a gurney. You all, especially you," Flora narrowed her eyes at Zatanna, "never let her catch a break even when she was seriously injured. It's hypocritical that you're telling us to go easy on her when you never once gone easy on Chiara." Flora's lecture seemed to sink in. Once again, shame splashed all over their faces. Some of the Team still had a hard time accepting it. How could they have been so cruel?

Even psychos in Arkham are treated better in the medical wing than how Chiara was treated.

"And Chiara wouldn't have gotten hurt as much if somebody hadn't shut her out of the mind link during missions." Conner commented which was obviously directed to the only martian in their team. Despite everything that went down, M'gnn had the nerve to look offended.

"You're actually taking her side?!"

Before an arguement could break out Martian Man Hunter stepped in, looking down at his niece in disappointment.

"That's enough M'gnn."

"But Uncle-"

"I can't say I'm innocent in this either. But purposely shutting out a team member for personal reasons is unacceptable. Even more so when it led to her being heavily wounded. We will be discussing your actions later. All your actions."

That made M'gnn blanched. All her actions? Could that mean he knew?... Instinctively, M'gnn snapped her gaze to Conner, her eyes reflecting the betrayal she felt. He was the only one who could've known-

"It was not Superboy who told me." Said Martian Man Hunter, knowing what was going through her mind without even having to read it.

"Then who?!" she snapped but no one answered.

On the side, the Winx and the Ultras only witnessed things unfold. They really undrestimated the situation.

"This....is a big ultra mess." Zett was the first to voice out.

"No kidding."

"The Team wasn't always like this back in the early days. We don't know what went wrong. We don't know how things ended up this far." Said Artemis sadly. This wasn't the Team that she knew.

"Say, what did Miss Martian do besides shutting out Chiara from your mind link?" Daichi asked.

"...Over a year ago, when Chiara was still with us, Miss Martian would usually go into the minds of our enemies to know their plans so we could stop them. What we didn't know was that she took it too far and... shattered their minds. A lot of them are still lying in a vegetative state right now." Conner admitted. There was a collective sharp intake of breath at the new information.